BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The volt OHM meter is installed. The garage door opener is installed. As soon as the new GPS arrives ( should be today) it will be time to rewire it, and put her cloths on.....

I need to order a few "put her back together" parts. I could not locate these on the parts finch...

The little clip that holds the alarm light into the front dash:
The tiny lights in the dash: several need to be replaced.
The little rubber grommets on the bike body that the screws go inside: some missing.

Time to put her cloths on........

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
dandiver said:
The volt OHM meter is installed. The garage door opener is installed. As soon as the new GPS arrives ( should be today) it will be time to rewire it, and put her cloths on.....

I need to order a few "put her back together" parts. I could not locate these on the parts finch...

The little clip that holds the alarm light into the front dash:
The tiny lights in the dash: several need to be replaced.
The little rubber grommets on the bike body that the screws go inside: some missing.

Time to put her cloths on........
I couldn't find my list of part numbers for the dash lights, Dan; butt scroll down this list to 'Body Fasteners' for the several screw/bolts/etc. to put her back together. Good luck in finishing up your project - sounds like success is imminent!! ;)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
The bulbs for the dash are easy, go to your local auto parts store and get Sylvania #2721. They come in two packs.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks all..... Picked up the bulbs 3 watts instead of the 1.5 watts ( hope it's ok) and popped them in. Now I can read the clock in the dark.... Nice!

The Collier around the alarm light is not available so I had to adapt and overcome. All is well.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
dandiver said:
Thanks all..... Picked up the bulbs 3 volt instead of the 1.5 volt ( hope it's ok) and popped them in. Now I can read the clock in the dark.... Nice!

The Collier around the alarm light is not available so I had to adapt and overcome. All is well.
I assume you mean 3 WATT instead of 2.2 WATT? They are all 12 volt, the stock bulbs are 1.2 watt. Where did you find 3 watt bulbs that fit?

I would not want higher wattage bulbs in the high beam position, it is already too bright to me riding at night.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watts yes!

The bulbs that I replaced came out of the area behind the gear indicator and clock and as per the BMW parts person, were 1.5 watts (not volts) and he only had 3 watts in stock. I went with them and they seem OK. I'll have a better feel for them at night in about a week when everything is put back together. I only replaced those two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts