BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a BMW dealer in Michigan to start taking my '05 LT to. I am primarily interested in any input you can give regarding BMW Motorcycles of Detroit, located in Sterling Heights, MI, or the BMW dealership in Grand Rapids.

Any advise on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Canton, MI

·
Registered
235 Posts
Steve:

I've dealt with BMW of Grand Rapids for seven years now. I could not possibily be any happier with them. They treat me like family. I've sent them fourteen purchasers (friends of mine that switched to BMW bikes). Every one of them are pleased to do and continue to do business with them. What more can I say? Dick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dick,
thanks for the advice. Another guy I know has been there a number of times and been very happy each time.
Steve

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I agree with Dick. I've bought 3 Beemers from BMWMCGR and have been treated great every time. I've rarely had any problems with the service department and have recommended them to anyone interested in BMWs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
BMW of Grand Rapids is great, but don't dis-miss BMW of Detroit. Detroit is a great dealer with a great service dept. (specifically Don in the service dept.), great selection of gear and bikes, and a good bunch of guys working there. They have taken care of me everytime. They even warrantied a clutch problem I had a year and a half past the warranty.

One thing I would recommend is that you defintely go to either Detroit or Grand Rapids before you ever go to Erhard in Canton. I've just never felt comfortable with that place... And that's where my bike came from (before it was Erhard it was Andy Pelc's BMW). Erhard wanted to charge me $465 for a set of Metzlers. Detroit charges $330, Grand Rapids $325.

Good luck!

·
Registered
664 Posts
BMW of Grand Rapids is great, but don't dis-miss BMW of Detroit. Detroit is a great dealer with a great service dept. (specifically Don in the service dept.), great selection of gear and bikes, and a good bunch of guys working there. They have taken care of me every time. They even warranty'd a clutch problem I had a year and a half past the warranty.

One thing I would recommend is that you definitely go to either Detroit or Grand Rapids before you ever go to Erhard in Canton. I've just never felt comfortable with that place... And that's where my bike came from (before it was Erhard it was Andy Pelc's BMW). Erhard wanted to charge me $465 for a set of Metzlers. Detroit charges $330, Grand Rapids $325.

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff,

Thanks for the info on BMW of Detroit and the Grand Rapids dealer. I am well aware of Erhard BMW. I live 3 miles from that dealer and it where I bought my bike. I suppose we are all allowed to make mistakes from time to time. The key is to not keep making the same mistakes. Hence, I am looking at either BMW Detroit, which is closer to home, and Grand Rapids BMW which I have heard absolutely great things about.

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts