BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Baehr miniboom microphone (part # BMC-06-01) in my headset needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a source for this... or other Baehr cables, accessories, etc.?

I have tried the following, with no luck:
1. Challenger Motors (New Zealand). I emailed them weeks ago. No reply. I emailed them again tonight. Maybe the dog ate their email that day... :rolleyes:
2. Ebay. Nothing.
3. Craigslist. Nothing.
4. Google. Nothing in the U.S. Several hits on Challenger Motors (see #1). Nothing in the U.S.
5. This site's Classifieds forum. Nothing.
6. A&S Cycles. They no longer sell Baehr products, and the few parts they do have in inventory do not include this part.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
We are using the J&M headsets with our Baehr. I may have my old mic around somewhere. I'll check when we get back from CCR.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mwnahas said:
We are using the J&M headsets with our Baehr. I may have my old mic around somewhere. I'll check when we get back from CCR.
That would be excellent, Mike - thanks.

Have a safe trip home.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Tony at Challenger Motors replied to my second email. He has the microphone.

Also got a reply from a Baehr distributor in South Africa http://www.baehr.co.za
They also sell the mic.

Challenger Motors' site lists prices with and without GST. Do we pay the GST on purchases from other countries?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Hi Howard,
Found my two old Baehr headsets. They are the microphones for the full face helmets. They are well used, but were working when I remoed them from my helmets. They are not the boom mics. If you still want it, it would give me an excuse to ride down to Iron Pony.

(it is the mic that comes in this set)

http://www.challengermotors.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=161

Let me know, if you can't get the new ones.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Mike (and welcome home).

I have a pair of the full-face Baehr mics, also. They came with my intercom and headsets but I've never used them - but thanks for checking.

Challenger Motors has been very responsive in the past couple of days. They def. have the the miniboom mic in stock.

-----------------------------------

Does anyone have a U.S. distributor or source for Baehr products?

·
Registered
245 Posts
hschisler said:
Update:

Tony at Challenger Motors replied to my second email. He has the microphone.

Also got a reply from a Baehr distributor in South Africa http://www.baehr.co.za
They also sell the mic.

Challenger Motors' site lists prices with and without GST. Do we pay the GST on purchases from other countries?

GST should not be applicable to your purchase from Tony in NZ.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daza said:
GST should not be applicable to your purchase from Tony in NZ.
It isn't - thanks.

Tony @ Challenger Motors answered all my other questions, including that one. I don't know what the general sales tax is for (sounds like a national version of our various local and state sales taxes), but you are correct: We don't pay it.

The only question still on the table: Where can I buy Baehr cables, etc., in the U.S.?

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
hschisler said:
It isn't - thanks.

Tony @ Challenger Motors answered all my other questions, including that one. I don't know what the general sales tax is for (sounds like a national version of our various local and state sales taxes), but you are correct: We don't pay it.

The only question still on the table: Where can I buy Baehr cables, etc., in the U.S.?
It's a national Sales Tax on top of all of the others. That's what some of the nummies in D.C. are talking about now. Doesn't replace the income tax either. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts