BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tired of not fitting in with the HDDC crowd and had to get somthing with less than 80 year old technology .

I know it's not new but FUEL INJECTION ? what about everything I know about needles and Jets? and Points! Oh my !

Now i have to browse all over the net looking for "Oil Head" stuff.
Picked it up yesterday in San Diago made it to Tehachapi before I got cold enough to wire in the heated Jacket I got from Raffy - I had all the stuff off and it started snowing! OH no ! last thing I wanted to do was run into snow - and Bakersfield and warmer air is just 45 miles away . so put all the geat on and got the heck out of there no heat but hey no snow on the road either.

Hit lots of rain just out side of Bakersfield thought I could make it to Fresno for the night But wind was threatning to blow us off the road ( you know like riding a dirt bike on a side hill - bike leaned well over to the left and me sitting upright keeping weight on the tires ! Well all thoes hours sitting in Physics class started to pile up " just how much side pressure does it take to blow us off the road while hydroplaning?" HMMMM?

so I stopped short of Fresno someplace and found a motel. Happy me , warm - and engrossed in TV when all the lights in town went out! I have no idea when they came on but I went to sleep at 9PM .

THis morning ( Sunday) it was still raining so no heated gear today either.

Great bike very stable and inspiring - almost too inspiring found my self thinking " here I am in the fast lane in the rain running 5,000 rpm ( no idea of real speed no GPS either) going faster than I would in a Car maybe I should re think this" - No - it seemed safer out there away from the white knuckled cagers

So now I have no excuse not to keep up - other than I still am slow .

Attachments

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Nice bike Chuck. My 1100 was Red, must be a good color:)

BTW your equine sculpture is awesome!!! I'd like to see that in person some time...

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Congrats Chuck! Too bad you went over to the "dark side".... :D :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes Sir

Congratulation Chuck! That is a very nice ride indeed. I’ll have to kick it up a notch to keep up with you now. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

Dan

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats Chuck!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Excellent Chuck, take it easy as us old guys do not bounce like we used to.
Alaska in June???

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Chuck, congratulations on your new GS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts