BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be posted in classifieds or not, but I recently purchased an Autocom Pro M-1 used. I haven't had the chance to really play with it yet, but I know that i'd like to interface the bike's existing stereo system. So i've read and read and read some more about how to interface the rear speakers with a cable that goes from each rear speaker to the Pro M-1 Music input.

Talked to Autocom / TopGear today and for $70 I can buy the "cable" to help me out, but i was wondering if anyone has "made-up" there own or has instructions to do so....or it's not reasonable/possible and not worth the headache.......so suck it up and buy the cable.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get the autocom connector and be done with it

I have an older autocom that I bought from someone on this board which came with a connector that splices into the rear speaker wires. It works great.

Before getting the autocom I had "made my own" using advice from here and other boards. I used resisters, chokes, sheilded wire, etc. etc. I had wired in speakers in my helmet as well as in-ear plugs and could not get it right. It picked up altinator whine, as well as ground rumble. It worked ok but the autocom one works with no issues. Well worth the money, IMO.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....that's the kind of info i'm looking for. I thought there must have been someone who has tried "making there own."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts