BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all,

Last week I crossed 100,000 miles on my 03 LT with the original FD, slave cylinder and all major components. I had a rear main leak at 95000 but, other than that, nothing but regular maintainance and care.

I purchased the bike from Lone Star BMW in Aug 2006 with 17528 miles on it so I can't take credit for actually riding it 100,000 miles...yet.

I thought about posting this on the LD Riders forum but was not willing to start the flame wars all over again. I know that this group will be much more "understanding".

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
madmanmike said:
Good morning to all,

Last week I crossed 100,000 miles on my 03 LT with the original FD, slave cylinder and all major components. I had a rear main leak at 95000 but, other than that, nothing but regular maintainance and care.

I purchased the bike from Lone Star BMW in Aug 2006 with 17528 miles on it so I can't take credit for actually riding it 100,000 miles...yet.

I thought about posting this on the LD Riders forum but was not willing to start the flame wars all over again. I know that this group will be much more "understanding".
Hey, Mike. Congrats on the mileage threshold. :thumb: Get Robert or Peter down at Lone Star to help you get one of the BMW MOA mileage pucks - see attachment. They'll do the paperwork (I think you have to have 'em certify the mileage) and you'll get a nice sidestand foot!!! ;) Or a hefty paperweight!!

Attachments

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Good to hear about that many trouble free miles:)

I just got my 100,000 puck from BMW but it wasn't on just one bike. Good Job!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DIck, I was waiting to actually ride it 100,000 miles myself. This will be the 3rd bike I have put 100,000 on (2 others were totaled prior to competion) but this is my first BMW and it has been the most fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts