BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or has this been a long winter?

I went to the local bike show for my motorcycle fix, and I will be taking the sled out this afternoon to stop some of the shakes. But these are poor excuses for a bike ride!

It's even too cold to work on the bikes. When will it end? :(

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It's you........... :histerica

But seriously folks.........this one is stacking up to be one of those winters we remember.....I've got a heated shop; which helps a bunch, but I haven' really had the time to spend there for a while.........looking forward to getting some time in the 'Man Cave' for the next 6 weeks...........will have to lock myself in and not answer the door.............

It's an 'El Ni~na' scenario............more cold, and snowy than normal............And to be honest, the 'Farmers Almanac' is calling for cooler, and wetter for this next couple of years.................oh, well................. ;)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
As I look at the snow half way up my maples on the front lawn, I realize it will be awhile before the RT rolls down the drive. I look at the green light on the battery tender every time I pass through the garage to make sure the bike will start first nice day. I don't have heat so I can't do all the little things to the bike that I would like to do, all I can do is dream and hope for an early spring. I was in Maui in January and wish I had forked over the $150.00 a day to rent a Harley.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i ride my bike down to Vegas in fall with a group of guys and we share a storage unit. It costs $30 per month. When it gets cold I wait for a Westjet seat sale and fly south two or three times a winter to ride. That is where I am off to this weekend. However nothing is perfect even in Vegas. There is a 50% chance of freezing rain there this weekend.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Last time I was out was new years day. Plowed the drive yesterday, down to pavement now, ready to go soon as it turns nice.

Garry

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did you make it out yesterday in 11C, Garry???
(I didn't) :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I hear ya. I live in the snowbelt of northern Michigan and it has been cold, however we have just experienced a couple of days of near record high temps and the snow has greatly receded. I was really looking forward to an early spring. This morning I wake to falling temps, snow, and a snow accumulation of 4-5 inches in the next couple of days.

Guess I'll have to ride the ski-doo a little more!!!

David

·
Registered
47 Posts
Snow and rain mix here today, outside of Boise. Have slipped in 400 miles so far this month but had to work at it. One day temp read 12 :wave on the way to work heated seats and grips do make a difference, but I draw the line at ridding in the snow!!! Looking forward to a nice warm spell for a long ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts