BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my wife and I rode the Lime Run out of Burlington WA. and out of all those bikes, there were only 2 BMW's and just 1 LT, mine. Tons of wings, harleys and look alikes, but only 1 lonely LT. May 1 is someones opportunity to help me out this year, if anyone is interested, google Lime Run. Thanks :bmw: :wave :dance:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Rich, I Googled and it looks like a lot of fun but I have to work the 1st and 2nd.

Nuts!

Loren

·
Registered
116 Posts
Would an LT Trike work?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well for a change the weather is Beeeyouuuutiful here on Whidbey Island. Yesterday was sunny, blue skies, white puffy clouds, and I was outside honeydewin' like crazy! Rode my bike to band practice last night, this morning, weather lookin good! Supposed to be beautiful again tomorrow for the Run! (I can't find the icon for fingers crossed...) I guess if no one can make it, I'll have to tag along with my winger friends....If they can keep up in the twisties.. :rotf: :cool:

·
Registered
478 Posts
darn i have a gtl test ride booked for tomorrow or i would jump the the border to help you out with that problem. i wish there was i good place to research all the great rides / bike events in washington.seems i find out about them like today 1 day before they happen.with the border as a deturrent (sat & sun are so busy) have a great ride

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look Bob.....I'm not that picky about who I ride with....If you want to "Jump the border" with that new GTL, I would allow that to be a REASONABLE substitute for an LT...But I would wonder how much riding compared to OOGLING that new GTL I might do if you did show up!!! :rotf: and thanks for your kind wishes on a good ride!! GOOD LUCK and enjoy your day on the GTL!!!!! I think we will all be waiting for a review.. :bmw:

·
Registered
260 Posts
casualemt said:
Well for a change the weather is Beeeyouuuutiful here on Whidbey Island. Yesterday was sunny, blue skies, white puffy clouds, and I was outside honeydewin' like crazy! Rode my bike to band practice last night, this morning, weather lookin good! Supposed to be beautiful again tomorrow for the Run! (I can't find the icon for fingers crossed...) I guess if no one can make it, I'll have to tag along with my winger friends....If they can keep up in the twisties.. :rotf: :cool:
How are you getting all that sun over there on the island? Must be all that damn wind that has been hammering us as well.

Quit pushing it my way!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
casualemt said:
Last year my wife and I rode the Lime Run out of Burlington WA. and out of all those bikes, there were only 2 BMW's and just 1 LT, mine. Tons of wings, harleys and look alikes, but only 1 lonely LT. May 1 is someones opportunity to help me out this year, if anyone is interested, google Lime Run. Thanks :bmw: :wave :dance:
Not fair!!!
Why such short notice? Were you planning on keeping all the fun to yourself. For me to get to you I will have to jump continents well at least cross the continental divide. The ROCKIES. I went on a group ride last year Honda ST1100 and 1300 mixed in with a couple GWings and I felt lonely too. At the tail of the Dragon same thing a BMW sport, my LT was lonely again. I will keep that in mind for next year.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
david_yancey said:
How are you getting all that sun over there on the island? Must be all that damn wind that has been hammering us as well.

Quit pushing it my way!
David don't remind me I wish I did not have to see that white stuff again. 70 today :histerica :histerica
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
casualemt said:
You and have great bikes, I recently rode an HD some kind of glide, and a BMW K1200GT, I love my bike all the more. But in reality, to each his / her own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts