BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta tell ya, each time I walk into Lonestar BMW, Austin, Texas, I feel we are treated as precious members of the family.. certainly not "black sheep"... =)

I've received nothing but courteous, prompt and professional service.

Thanks, for being here for us, Robert, Peter, Tim, Gary, Denise and the whole team... !

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I have always had a positive experience there as well, with my Triumphs and now they provided me with an extended warranty on my K1200LT. Good folks. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I purchased a used '99 LT sold on consigment at Lone Star last July. I just got around to asking them this year about a skid plate warranty, and they ordered the parts and will install it next weekend at no cost.

Great service and follow-up!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hey.. Chann.. Stop suckin' up. Your going to ruin them for the rest of us! :)

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Hey Encore Joe, I am in Victoria. Let me see your ride sometime. Lonestar is an awsome shop. I was there shoping Saturday after the RTE with a few other LT'ers. Really neat shop and highly recommended.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks to Bob, at Lone Star BMW of Austin

Bob found the trouble with my friends ABS and saved him over $ 2,200 that BMW of Fort Worth said it would cost to fix it.
Thanks for saving him money and Thanks for all the goodwill that you share.

THC Roundup 2007 will happen again in April .......Texas BMW Sport Riders

James

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just found this subforum so here is my ten cents......I had only been in Lone Star a couple times in the last 20 years until this past October. My experience was shocking wonderful...Here is long version..bored at work...

First I was looking at used LTs. Found one here in Austin with less than 2k miles but the seller wanted over $10k...So I went and meet Gary and told him about the used bike. His first words where BUY IT !! that's a good price. I went back and visited the used bike...It would not start dead battery...Ended up back at Gary's desk...Wanting to test ride an LT and he got me on a used one in less than five minutes. After the test ride Gary gave me a great price I could not refuse....I ended up speeding a few more $$ on the bells & whistles but got the Bike of my dreams...Lonestar paid for my first check up 6k...I did the 500 mile check up, and changed oil again at 2k. when the Lt dropped her right mirror I freaked ...Took the mirror to Lone star wrapped in a towel..Petter made feel better , we all got a laugh and now I know not to crowd her in garage any more...Gary showed me how easy they come off and on...Tim in service got me in quickly and out quickly for the 6k check. Tim also squeeze me in when the CB was acting up...Then came there Christmas Party...Denise set me up with a complete new set of riding gear very cheaply. Everytime I go back they remember me and make me feel like family. I can honestly tell you I have been at all the other Motorcycle dealers many times in Austin and Lone star is the only one that care about there customers !! So from sales that does not pressure you to Great service they have been good to me...You all go and visit Lone Star

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Lone Star A number 1

I bought a preowned 2000 LT last year from Gary at Lone Star. The bike had new tires and battery, about a month after I got it I had a rear tire blow out on the hyway running about 75mph. needless to say I was not a happy camper.I took the tire into them without question they replaced it "FREE" of charge.I was told if Metz. rep would not take care of it they would.Needless to say I've gone back over and over again. :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was wondering if I should find the dealership in Ft. Worth to service my '99 LT or find the one in Austin.

Austin sounds like the right city and Lone Star sounds like the right dealer!

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Since I found Lone Star , I have not been in any other BMW shop. There is no need to look for anything better. I can not give them enough praise for all their assistance over the past years. I am 90 miles from the closest BMW dealer, but I choose to go 250 to Lone Star for my motorcycle needs. I always vote for them in the Ride Texas Dealer poll.

Ron Kellenbenz

Tyler, Texas

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tx Dealers

I highly recommend NOT going to the one in FTW. I have had no luck with them on a couple of occasions. May be just me, but oh well. The one in Dallas is not bad on Ave K, but everything I hear and read about tells me to do business with Austin. There are several on here that would echo the same.
JM2CW

wacolt said:
I was wondering if I should find the dealership in Ft. Worth to service my '99 LT or find the one in Austin.

Austin sounds like the right city and Lone Star sounds like the right dealer!

Thanks,
Curt

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I can't just lurk anymore when the praise for Lone Star begins. They have always treated me with respect and really do care about their customers.

From the initial purchase to the 24,000 mile checkup, I have been extremely pleased.

I'm reminded of the Cheers TV show--"where everyone knows your name."

Lone Star is a first class business and a fun place to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts