BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have this gorgeous CNC aluminum locking bracket for my Zumo 665. It was sweet, because I didn't have to remember to grab the device if I had to take a quick bathroom break, or grab a soda. Touratech made it.

Now I have the Navigator IV, which has to removed every time. I've scoured the Touratech website, and other favorite sites for BMW gadgets, and I can't seem to find anything. I noticed that BMW has a new bracket for the 1200GSW bike that is lockable (and can be set up to use your bike key, that is cool), and automatically reads the VIN of the bike, instead of using a PIN (or the safe location).

Anyone know of a locking bracket for the Nav IV?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
The 665 & the Nav IV should use the same bracket. I know the 660 & Nav IV use the same one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
katnapinn said:
The 665 & the Nav IV should use the same bracket. I know the 660 & Nav IV use the same one.
I don't think so. The Nav IV has a special mount that has some unique buttons along the left side. Now, I suppose I could remove that mount, buy a Garmin 665 mount, rewire, and then use the Touratech locking bracket, but that's way beyond the pale of what I want to do.

Apparently, Touratech used to sell a locking bracket specifically for the Nav IV, but it's gone. Maybe it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
LeftCoastMan said:
I don't think so. The Nav IV has a special mount that has some unique buttons along the left side. Now, I suppose I could remove that mount, buy a Garmin 665 mount, rewire, and then use the Touratech locking bracket, but that's way beyond the pale of what I want to do.

Apparently, Touratech used to sell a locking bracket specifically for the Nav IV, but it's gone. Maybe it didn't work.
Those special buttons are used by the Nav IV with special software that enables them. I think Harley and Victory also use that mount. Otherwise the 660 and 665 are the same GPS and use the same connections for mounting. You could plug a 660,665 into the Nav IV mount and they will mount and work just fine, only the buttons won't work. Here is the Touratech mount that will lock mount and power the Nav IV, you just won't have those buttons. http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/...o-660-665-Handlebar-Mount-V2-0-Locking-Silver

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your answer but I think if you read my original question and reply, you will notice that I already knew that the Nav IV is the 660/665.

I pretty certain that the Touratech bracket that to which you linked doesn't work with the BMW Nav IV mount. To use that locking bracket, I would have to remove the BMW OEM mount, buy a 660/665 harness/mount, and lose those buttons. Oh, and ignoring the fact that I would have to wire in the new harness.

As I stated in the original post, I want to avoid complications and just get a locking bracket for the whole Nav IV mount. I'm beginning to think that it doesn't exist, which is OK. Now if I'm not clear and I can remove those buttons, then that Touratech locking bracket/mount would work.

·
Registered
453 Posts
LeftCoastMan said:
I appreciate your answer but I think if you read my original question and reply, you will notice that I already knew that the Nav IV is the 660/665.

I pretty certain that the Touratech bracket that to which you linked doesn't work with the BMW Nav IV mount. To use that locking bracket, I would have to remove the BMW OEM mount, buy a 660/665 harness/mount, and lose those buttons. Oh, and ignoring the fact that I would have to wire in the new harness.

As I stated in the original post, I want to avoid complications and just get a locking bracket for the whole Nav IV mount. I'm beginning to think that it doesn't exist, which is OK. Now if I'm not clear and I can remove those buttons, then that Touratech locking bracket/mount would work.
Hi, I think this is what you are looking for - http://shop.touratech.com/navigatio...lebar-mounting-bmw-navigator-iv-lockable.html

It is exactly the same as the MK1 660 locking bracket, but it is adapted for the Nav IV. (I have used the worldwide site, I have found that the local sites usually give better prices!)

Best regards
Adam

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found this old post regarding the Touratech locking cradle for the Nav IV. Has it be been determined by the collective that it is no longer available or didn't work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts