BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
joerahol said:
Hi

Does anyone know how to lock the BMW tank bag to the rails ? Would appreciate not to drag the bag along when parked.

Per
Just a note: Most people would not know how to remove it, as far as locking it...?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw how someone put two 45 degree plates by pop riviting them on each side of the slot where the red tap pops up on release. Drilled a whole between the two plate to put a small travel lock that then prevents the red tab from surfacing when trying to release the latch. Was not pretty but works.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Might it be better to replace the BMW bag with one that is harder to remove?

I thought the bonus in owning the bag was the ease at which it can be removed when fuelling up or in keeping your valuables close at hand.

Although the bag is a little clumsy I keep mine with me when I'm away from the bike as it is usually carrying my passport, camera, gps, maps and iPod.

Perhaps a helmet lock or downhill ski lock would assist your problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the BMW bag and love it for its quick detach ability.
I`d never leave any valubles in it as anyone with a knife could rip it open in seconds no matter how well its secured to the bike.
I am looking at adding a shoulder strap so I can carry it easier if I feel the need to take it off.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.