BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That's just a tragedy. So sorry to hear of this.

·
Registered
533 Posts
May the Lord watch over her and her family. God Bless

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
I have known Liz for several years. I was charmed by her when we first met, and grew to appreciate her more over the years. A true gem of a person and a talented and accomplished rider.

Words escape me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Randy said:
I have known Liz for several years. I was charmed by her when we first met, and grew to appreciate her more over the years. A true gem of a person and a talented and accomplished rider.

Words escape me.
As usual Randy, your words are spot on. Liz was such a vibrant person, it's surreal that she's gone. She was a great friend and will be sorely missed.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
My condolences go out to her family and friends.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Upon hearing of Liz's passing, I thought of the words of the great Shawnee Chief Tecumseh. I was able to locate them and post them here in the hope they may bring comfort to those who knew and loved her. I only rode with her a couple of times, but she came pretty close to the aspiration set forth in the following words of wisdom.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life. Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. Tecumseh, 1768-1813

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I was never privileged to meet Liz. Sounds like she was one of the truly beautiful spirits in this world. The world it a better place because she was loaned to us for a while. My prayers are for her family and all who knew or were touched by her life.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Liz was a wonderful lady. We all enjoyed her company both riding and breaking bread ... A more careful and consciencious rider does not exist. She had a very positive outlook on life and was extremely energetic. She was a joy to know and be around !!!

The funeral service was standing room only!!! This is a testiment to the type of lady that she was. Both Pete and I were blessed to be part of the 100+ motorcycle procession from Morrison, CO to the funeral.

Liz will live on in our hearts and memories. She will be truly missed !

·
Registered
845 Posts
Got word from Liz' family today that the driver that hit and killed her was legally drunk. Arrest warrant has been issued and the driver is being charged with vehicular homicide. There's no way justice can be served, but at least the woman won't walk away with a slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Deb,
I'm Glad she is being held responsible. I addition to her sentence, I would love for her to know about Liz and her family and friends who miss her. Thanks for the update. Tell Dean I said hello, It was great to see you guys at Cambria and Red River.

·
Registered
912 Posts
"Crap!" Another wonderful human being turned into a statistic by dwi.
Sad to say the least.

·
Registered
845 Posts
An update on the trial for the woman who killed Liz - she pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide and driving while impaired. Recently released information indicate she had set her cruise at 67 and was drinking wine from a Nalgene bottle when she entered the construction zone behind Liz. She never hit the brakes and she also reported that after the fatal crash she returned to her car and had some more wine at the scene. She will be sentenced on April 16 and as you can imagine, that will be a packed courthouse. If you knew Liz and want to tell the judge a bit about her and how much she will be missed, you can send or email your letter per contacts below. The maximum possible sentence is only 6 years - what a shame.

Snail mail contact:
Hon. Marcelo Kopcow
19th Judicial District Judge
c/o Weld County District Attorney
Box 1167
- 915 Tenth Street
Greeley, CO 80632

Re: Elizabeth Majors - Victim
Case # 2009CR885

...and if sent via email attachment to Amanda Henry at: [email protected]

Please send them to arrive by April 1 to be absolutely positively certain they reach the court well before the sentencing date (April 16, 2010).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts