BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Little wiring advice.....

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cbxchris 
#1 ·
I am about to put a few of the LED strips on the rear and side of my 2002 LT much like you see in one of the YouTube vids. So I will be getting hold of the running,left/right turn and stop light wiring. I know from reading the ABS and warning lights are touchy about changes in amperage. I noticed someone said the center brake light bulb controls some telemetry. Where should I grab the wiring harness to make my connections? Coming off in front the large round plug that you disconnect to take the top box off looks inviting. Pig tail a plug out, run all lights to a plug themselves and have one simple connection. Just a male/female plug. If you take the top box off they would be side by side.

What say the people here with experience with this? All ears.....I don't want a issue.

As a side note while in there took the carbon can out. Took a air hose and blew things out. Here come some acorns. Started looking and its nothing bad but Mr Mice has done a little chewing. I am glad I found this. Damn rodents. I had a NEW truck once that they did a number on. This bike was garaged and one owner. Super nice place. He must have had a visitor at some point.

thx for any and all advice.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe answering my own question after looking into it further. Looks to be better pulling off the main wiring harness on the right rear sub frame....completely avoiding that center bulb/wiring completely. Just as easy to make a plug and play from there for taking the top box off.

Still be listening for advice...

#5 ·
Worked out great. All connections under the liner in the rear upper box. (Soldered of course) Made a harness from the location on the frame and harness from top box. Still had one of the old Honda wiring kits with 6 pin connectors. Made a nice one plug job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.