BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys get the states and provinces traveled maps?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
BaronVonGregg said:
Where do you guys get the states and provinces traveled maps?
If you use the "Search" feature that is provided on the site you could have found it in less then 1 second. I Just typed SIGNATURE MAP in the search window and got all this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize if I caused grief by being a lazy #^(*%^

·
Registered
910 Posts
LOL.. not as much as me at times :D
I was so lazy, I was waiting on someone to ask that same exact question..
Now I dont feel so bad..

Did I say that outloud? :histerica

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey Steve....I just couldn't type it into my search box and press enter...would you do it for me?!! :histerica

No...wait....I can ask Frau Hella, my tuetonic nurse, to do it! Nah....better not....she may beat me with the laptop for asking! :rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Axle said:
G'day from Oz

google is your friend Hope you have some fun with it
http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/
How do you insert the map into your sig? The image option appears to accept only a url. If you don't have your own web site, is there a place to put the image such that it can be linked in?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Voyager said:
How do you insert the map into your sig? The image option appears to accept only a url. If you don't have your own web site, is there a place to put the image such that it can be linked in?
I notice quite a few in this sites 'gallery' pages. Guess that's how they do it, and I have no idea what I'm talkin' about!!! Just seems like that's a way. HTH.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I typed up these notes for myself. It seems each time I added a state I had to relearn how to do the whole process. I hope this helps you!

size: small
type: jpg
save as: \my pictures\motorcycles\visitedstatesmap.jpg
do not resize it
upload to www.bmwlt.com's Member Gallery
copy the complete text in "BB Image Code" from bmwlt.com's Member Gallery page
edit Signature
paste the above text
save

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Dick said:
I notice quite a few in this sites 'gallery' pages. Guess that's how they do it, and I have no idea what I'm talkin' about!!! Just seems like that's a way. HTH.
Well, based on Howard's post right after yours, it appears your educated guess was spot on!

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
hschisler said:
I typed up these notes for myself. It seems each time I added a state I had to relearn how to do the whole process. I hope this helps you!

do not resize it
edit Signature
paste the above text
save
Thanks! Not having used the member's gallery, I wouldn't have even considered that as a "host" site. Now I just have to get a few minutes to follow your nice instructions. :)

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
hschisler said:

do not resize it
edit Signature
paste the above text
save
Well, I followed your instructions and they appeared to have worked to perfection. At least the signature preview looked good. I will know for sure as soon as I complete this post and take a look!

Now I need to do some more riding as my map looks pretty feeble compared to many others here!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Voyager said:
Well, I followed your instructions and they appeared to have worked to perfection. At least the signature preview looked good. I will know for sure as soon as I complete this post and take a look!

Now I need to do some more riding as my map looks pretty feeble compared to many others here!
Your map looks fine - you done good!

Now you just need to head north and south, bagging some of those states. Your handlebars seem to be stucking going in a straight line east and west. :D

I'm glad this helped someone.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Voyager said:
It's still a lot better than mine. Sons wedding knocked the heck out of our resources this summer, but still planning on adding a couple more before the riding season is over....

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
hschisler said:
Your map looks fine - you done good!

Now you just need to head north and south, bagging some of those states. Your handlebars seem to be stucking going in a straight line east and west. :D

I'm glad this helped someone.
The really sad part is that all of the states west of Ohio were ridden back in 1989 on my former ride, a Kawasaki Voyager XII on a trip to SLC and back. Shortly after that, my first daugher was born and thus ended the long rides. For the last two decades, the rides have been limited to long weekends and an annual 4 day ride with a small church group. Since my youngest is now 13, I hope to get back into the mode of "filling in the states" in not too many more years!

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Razmataz said:
It's still a lot better than mine. Sons wedding knocked the heck out of our resources this summer, but still planning on adding a couple more before the riding season is over....
I can empathize as my oldest daugther got married at the end of June. And I think daughter's weddings are even more costly than son's weddings!

·
Registered
530 Posts
:b2topic: or have we exhausted the "how to post the map" instructions and are moving on to matrimonial discussions?

BTW....thanks for the "how to!" :wave

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
BlauBeeMr said:
:b2topic: or have we exhausted the "how to post the map" instructions and are moving on to matrimonial discussions?

BTW....thanks for the "how to!" :wave
Hey, once you get the details down as to how to display the map, it is only logical to move to discussions related to adding to the map! Perfectly on topic IMO. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts