BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use this setup in winter or when I'm not 2 up. Its only about 35 lbs lighter but makes the bike feel 100 lbs lighter, especially at those crawl speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Samir, that looks like a very good idea..... Do you have a foto (side view) so we can get a view of the bike with the mod.... To get a balance of the look?

Cheers

Stuart.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stuart: Side view.I call em Econofarkles. I turned a top roll into a rigid body by reshaping a plastic grain bucket out of the barn. The bottom pan is made from a cannibalized BP gas pump shroud which is 2 layers of aluminum sandwiching a rubber core. Light and strong. The sides used to be chrome air deflectors off my old Road King. The Peace sign? Someplace out of the 60's. Memory is murky on that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow..... What a response.... Brilliant.

That looks really great... I thought it would look unbalanced,, but it actually looks right...perhaps even how it should have been.. With the option of the extra payload??

Thanks again for a prompt response.

Stuart :) :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Samir.
Can you give me any information on the stubby aerial you have fixed to your bike.
where to buy? quality of reception? how to fit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Defaoite said:
Samir.
Can you give me any information on the stubby aerial you have fixed to your bike.
where to buy? quality of reception? how to fit?
That is the aerial that was on the bike when I bought it with 1,800 miles on it and I believe it is stock although it may be hard to see its overall length. Reception is average.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Samir said:
That is the aerial that was on the bike when I bought it with 1,800 miles on it and I believe it is stock although it may be hard to see its overall length. Reception is average.
I since put my glasses on and see that it is the stock aerial.
Sorry about that Samir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts