BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting confused on who has pre-ordered the new K1600. I’m still fighting the urge to spend the money; after all my 05LT only has 89K miles on her. I would like to see a list of who has made the commitment and which one GT or GTL.

Name GT/GTI Color Current Ride

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have preordered a K1600GTL silver, high seat. No confermation from BMW yet.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I preordered a K1600GTL blue with the high seat. Jane called me last week.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorchilla said:
I’m getting confused on who has pre-ordered the new K1600. I’m still fighting the urge to spend the money; after all my 05LT only has 89K miles on her. I would like to see a list of who has made the commitment and which one GT or GTL.

Name GT/GTI Color Current Ride
Jamie GTL Metallic Silver 2008 H-D Ultra Classic
No confirmation from BMW yet.

·
Registered
530 Posts
BEhrler said:
Silver GTL. Was not given the option of high or low seat. Why did most of you order the high seat?
Call Jane back and you can change the seat if you need to.
I ordered the high seat because I am 6 1.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Royal Blue GTL with low seat. Order confirmed by Jane. I ordered the low seat because I have a 32 inch inseam and will add sheep skin, gel or aftermarket seat if stock is not comfy.
Low seat. 29.5"
High seat. 30.7"

·
Registered
45 Posts
lanzos said:
Ordered a silver GTL on Jan 4, confirmed by Jane on Jan 7.Seat TBD!
Did Jane tell you that the seat could be changed later on and prior to production? I ask since you said it was TBD. I sure would like to sit on one before I make a final call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
rodeking said:
Did Jane tell you that the seat could be changed later on and prior to production? I ask since you said it was TBD. I sure would like to sit on one before I make a final call.
Spoke to my dealer regarding the seat, he hasn't been able to confirm if we can have the option upon delivery. I find it hard to decide on the seat when I haven't sat on them. I hope BMW understands this and makes a choice available to us. If BMW NA doesn't allow a choice, hope the dealer will.BTW,Jane never mentioned anything about a seat option,and I never asked. Hope to get a test ride before taking delivery,and maybe be able to make a change at that time.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I ordered the GTL in silver with the standard seat. Jane was not supposed to give any options on seat height but did note your preference if you specifically requested a high seat. Hope BMW meets the May delivery window!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Silver GTL, standard seat (I sat on one at Long Beach, and I rather start low and then move up or to aftermarket seat later)
I did get confirmation call from Jane at BMW.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts