BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where my wife connects her lower cord to the bike, the plug is loose -- as in wiggles and will spin around.
Please let me know how one goes about re-tightening such a plug without taking everything apart. Surely I can make this adjustment without removing all the tupperware .... Have paid to have that done twice already this year :eek:
Thanks in advance.
Keir

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
wkclark said:
Where my wife connects her lower cord to the bike, the plug is loose -- as in wiggles and will spin around.
Please let me know how one goes about re-tightening such a plug without taking everything apart. Surely I can make this adjustment without removing all the tupperware .... Have paid to have that done twice already this year :eek:
Thanks in advance.
Keir
Is the socket mounted in the forward-facing trunk panel? If so, open the saddlebag door to get it out of the way, remove the T20 (IIRC, it may be a T25) Torx screw from under the bottom front edge of the panel, pull the bottom of the panel forward and then pull down to disengage the top tab from the trunk. Flip the panel over and tighten the large thin hex nut around the socket. Reverse to reinstall.

HTH,

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mneblett said:
Is the socket mounted in the forward-facing trunk panel? If so, open the saddlebag door to get it out of the way, remove the T20 (IIRC, it may be a T25) Torx screw from under the bottom front edge of the panel, pull the bottom of the panel forward and then pull down to disengage the top tab from the trunk. Flip the panel over and tighten the large thin hex nut around the socket. Reverse to reinstall.
HTH,
Thanks very much Mark.
Worked beautifully.
Size was T20 and there was one extra screw by the vertical bit of the back seat cushion. < 5 mins start to finish .... even for me. :) :)
Keir

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
wkclark said:
there was one extra screw by the vertical bit of the back seat cushion.
Oops! That's what I get for doing this from memory after selling the last of my LT's two years ago -- better go dust off my manual and my memory cells :)

Glad you figured it out anyway :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts