BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on a recent question by a board member who was having a problem with his lights, and a couple of other circumstances I am aware of, I thought it might be appropriate to post a thread discussing do's and don'ts with my bracket kits.

Ezy Mount bracket kits are designed for use only with PIAA 1100PX and 004X Series lights on LTs. Many hours were spent in developing a fit, for both the automotive and the new PIAA 'Powersport' versions of these lights, as they seemed to be the most popular at the time; proved to be effective in providing the aux and/or conspicuity need we desired. Yes there were other lights I could have worked with, but in reality, the PIAA's fit the location better than most and in some cases at the time, were the only good candidates for the application.

I refused to apply knock-offs to my designs, because most of them are worthless in either light output, and quality of construction, or use of sub-standard materials that degrade much faster, such as reflectors, cheap h/w and other stuff...I tried some of the PEP Boys knockoffs and learned very quickly that they, were substandard, did not last very long and were very unstable when exposed to large amounts of rain !

I pay attention to quality in my designs and the components used, and did not want to mount cheap lights on my brackets. My brackets are built to last, so I wanted to use a quality light that matched those expectations.

As for light application, I would hope that new riders, especially those that have purchased used bikes, that may, or may not have my brackets already mounted, please be careful to follow my guidelines when mounting lights. I hate to hear that anyone has suffered damage to their fender and/or lights due to unexpected contact. Only the PIAA lights mentioned above are applicable to my bracket kits.

My newest bracket for the R1200RT will also be limited to the 1100PX and the 004X Series PIAA lights.

To Everyone out there ride safe, Jim

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
I purchased your mounting brackets from Raffy, only to find out that the lights I purchased are the automotive 1100X Platinum Series and not the "powersport" model.
The light bracket is a plastic piece and I am unsure as to the best way to mount them onto your brackets.
Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Light Fitment

zippy_gg said:
I purchased your mounting brackets from Raffy, only to find out that the lights I purchased are the automotive 1100X Platinum Series and not the "powersport" model.
The light bracket is a plastic piece and I am unsure as to the best way to mount them onto your brackets.
Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
thru everything. PowerSports lights are not recommended for my automotive bracket kit. To verify you have the automotive kit for the 1100PX lights, there are three mounting holes in platform, only one of them has a pressed SS Pemnut for the 10/32 mounting screw. The other two holes are for mounting the 004X lights using SS Pemnuts for the 6/32 mounting screws, and are only found in the 004 kit..

Only PIAA dealers, can sell the PowerSports Kits.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
I bought the brackets from Raffy, but the lamps came from another source, and they are NOT the PowerSport... The mounting brackets attached to the lights are made of black plastic. So I guess I need to get the correct brackets that will fit in your mounts. Do you know a source for these brackets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts