BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you can buy a harbor freight lift for under $300 now. You must use a coupon in one of their flyers. Great deal IMO.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I think you can buy a harbor freight lift for under $300 now. You must use a coupon in one of their flyers. Great deal IMO.
Yes, not a bad lift but the front wheel clamp is about useless and should be upgraded to something more substantial.

Reactions: beech

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
true in my tech days i had a lift of coarse and it had a very good front wheel holder but we still strapped them down
Absolutely!

·
Registered
323 Posts
That lift is working pretty hard with a 900 lb bike. I like Handy Lift.

Reactions: Patric and beech

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
That lift is working pretty hard with a 900 lb bike. I like Handy Lift.
I had a coupon and was planning to buy the HF lift. Looked at it and then decided to look at a Handy before buying the HF. Night and day difference. I swallowed hard and bought the Handy. Being American made eased the pain in the wallet considerably.

:smile:

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought my HF lift last year with Black Friday sale and a coupon for $260. Great deal. I have used it several times and although this may not be a popular opinion, I have been thoroughly satisfied. Right now I have my LT completely torn down for the winter and doing some much needed improvements. The lift has made it so much easier and has not acted like it was struggling at all. Could you buy a nicer lift? Absolutely. Will it function differently? Not IMHO. You can spend more money on nicer lifts and God bless you if you are able to do that, but if you are only gonna use it a couple times a year, this lift works well. I would rather put the extra money into the bike or a nice trip somewhere.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had a coupon and was planning to by the HF lift. Looked at it and then decided to look at a Handy before buying the HF. Night and day difference. I swallowed hard and bought the Handy. Being American made eased the pain in the wallet considerably.

:smile:
You will not be sorry. Excellent product!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had one of the HF lifts for 5 years now. I have not had a single problem with it. Probably the best $300.00 I've ever spent on a motorcycle product. Plus it fits under my Honda Ridgeline when it's in the lower position. I will agree the wheel clamp that comes with the lift isn't heavy duty enough for me to trust it, so I bought one of the HF wheel chocks that locks the front wheel in place. I think I bought it on sale for $29.00 or so. It also works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts