BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way too short for some than others.

Ronnie, the 5 year old son of my riding partner died yesterday evening in his mamas arms from an accidental ingestion of a toy. The paramedics were unable to remove the toy it was lodged so deeply.

The little guy was like my grandchild and I will miss him terribly. Not nearly so much as his mama and auntie.

Please pray for strength for his mama Sandy, Aunties Claudia and Maritza, his kindergarten classmates and all of us who knew and loved him.

Loren

·
Registered
596 Posts
That is truly sad.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
So sorry to hear of this Loren. But please pass on the prayers from all of us here to the Family.

John

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Our condolences Loren. Our best wishes to your riding partner's family in this difficult time.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just awful, so sorry to hear, thoughts to the family.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for all who knew & loved the tyke.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. My heart is just broken over this senseless loss of such a young life.

Loren

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Life is Short....and often cruel

Loren, I can hardly bring myself to press the 'submit' button;
my wife and I lost our youngest of 5 children, a boy, nearly 17 years ago, he will be 22 this July. The EXACT same scenario, he just turned five years old, a small bullet shaped piece broken loose from a pool toy lodged in the right airway while swimming with his brothers and sister on a Sunday and I was not home to help....
I don't know why I'm sharing this except to somehow express how IMPOSSIBLE it is (unless having the experience) to have even the slightest clue as to the pain and suffering the parents will have for the rest of their lives. Right now they are in total shock and despair.
Please support them and have others refrain from being too curious, asking questions, being too helpful etc.
Bringing food and taking care of simple things helped us tremendously.
The hardest time will be when all the arrangements etc. are concluded, the cards stop and you're now stuck, all alone, dwelling on all the what if this, that, if only, why did I, didn't I.........
I am typing this crying like a baby after all of these years, still mourning, and really feel their pain, hoping I can somehow share or reduce their pain with my prayers. I will pray for Ronnie's family at least every Sunday at Mass (Ronnie is in Heaven, for certain)
If they or you would like, pm me if you feel we can help or support in ANY way.
I am so incredibly sad these words cannot possibly explain...
God bless them, their family and their friends.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Geez Loren, news like this is just horrible. There are no words, period.
One of my worst "experiences" was lifting the coffin of my 1 year old niece, and realizing how very little it weighed. Just breaks your heart.
I sure wish them all the best.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been a year to the day since Ronnie died. Still trying to make some kind of sense out of this tragedy. A sad sad thing to buy a heart shaped necklace for a good friend that is designed to hold a few of the ashes of her only child. Please say a prayer for Sandy. This is understandably a terribly rough time for her.

Loren

·
Registered
123 Posts
My thoughts are with them.

It'll be nine years in August since I lost my beautiful sixteen year old son in a road accident.

I've an idea how they feel..............

........and words aren't enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts