BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's a good place to buy license plate frames for an LT?

Ray

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
You can get them for free from your dealer... if you don't mind advertising for them!
Also many vendors sell custom frames at Rallies and shows...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I bought a plain black anodized one on eBay for about $5.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Iba?

Arby60 said:

Ray
Well maybe license frame backs, it was free, o.k. cost about 24 hours of time and a few tanks of gas.....

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Arby60 said:

Ray
Ray - check this website if you want some personalized frames as a group buy, or individual purchase. Leetle on the pricey side (compared to Wal-Mart or Pep Boys), butt good stuff. I did a bunch of 'em for the CCR BoD one year ('01 I think), had 'em personalized to the event, and wuz very pleased with their service and the product.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Had mine made at the local county fair. It says ( Blue Ox
Blew By U )

·
Registered
216 Posts
Personalized plate

My wife and I got a personalized plate at the mall at one of those small shops in the center area of the walkways. It has the reflective strips so that photo radar can't pick you up. You just give the person your words, pick the type style and they engrave the frame you've picked. Just a thought!

Cheers, Bill

05 K1200 LT

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am most appreciative for all the comments and suggestions. You have given me a lot to consider. I am very appreciative for this web site as well; a very valuable resource. Thanks all.

Ray

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
BillCav said:
My wife and I got a personalized plate at the mall at one of those small shops in the center area of the walkways. It has the reflective strips so that photo radar can't pick you up. You just give the person your words, pick the type style and they engrave the frame you've picked. Just a thought!

Cheers, Bill

05 K1200 LT
Hmmmm, I'd advise not putting a whole lot of faith in those reflective strips. I've been doing professional digital imaging for a long time, and I can routinely manipulate a digitalized image to reduce or bring up any element in the image to retrieve image segments that are not visible at first glance. A little work with a mask tool, bright/contrast levels and image enhancement and surprise, surprise, your license plate data is there for the whole world to appreciate.

Karl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts