BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Let the Farkles begin....

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  hallzee 
#1 ·
Now that Barbara has been laid to rest and the condolences have been said. "Gretchen" was found and the farkling has begun I am finding that the new fangled '05 is a bit of a mystery. Being a Newbie to these forums ;) I have a few questions...

When I have the side stand down, the bike wont start? why?
When the bike is on the side stand, the bike smokes on start up? Why?
Does my bike have the Brown wire? Why?
Will my Final drive go out? Why?
What oil do I use? Why?
Where is the gremlin rod and Muffler bearing? Why?

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way......
PTT for the Voice II - Reading through the forum I cant tell if there is an OEM or more hacking is in store...

Anyone know where I can get the OEM FRS/Radio cable for the Voice II?

Radar detector audio - More hacking or a connection somewhere? Is the CB connection under the stingray a viable option? I do not want to use the AUX as I will use that for the I-pod or get a Dice for it...

Thats it for now.... :rotf:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
While we're at it, I too have some questions?
How does it compare to a Goldwing? Why?
How does it compare to a Harley bagger? Why?
My legs go from the floor up to my ass. Will it be too top heavy for me? And if so, Why?

And keep in mind, I WILL NOT tolerate smart assed answers, sarcasm or humor. Riding these BMW's is SERIOUS business, and we, as elitist BMW riding pricks, should answer these, and other questions, in a serious manner.

#5 ·
I'll take a crack at it...

shoswell said:
When I have the side stand down, the bike wont start? why?
You been so busy admiring the bimbo, you haven't even put the key in the ignition. Once you get over the goo-goo eyes, sit on that fat girl, pull the side stand-up and turn the friggin' key.

shoswell said:
When the bike is on the side stand, the bike smokes on start up? Why?
She's butch... and prolly was used to being ridden hard by some old sailor... Now she has to cozy up to some old Marine... Semper Fi!

shoswell said:
Does my bike have the Brown wire? Why?
And a green one, a blue one, a couple of red ones, a handful of black ones and a purple one... As to why? Cut up a few and see what don't work...

shoswell said:
Will my Final drive go out? Why?
Better question: How long will your foot pegs last? I got 3,500 miles in the pool. Get out there and grind 'em down.

shoswell said:
What oil do I use? Why?
Peanut. That way she smells like french fries when you toodle down the road.

shoswell said:
Where is the gremlin rod and Muffler bearing? Why?
See attached diagram... it's in there somewhere bubba!

shoswell said:
Anyone know where I can get the OEM FRS/Radio cable for the Voice II?
Better off making yer own. I haven't been able to get one of them for a couple of years now.

I sure hope this helped... You coulda used the search, but they just ain't enuf good idears for us present day hacks.

Oh, and BTW... the PTT wires are already in the handle bar covers... If you connect 'em up and it don't work, ya got 'em backwards... 10-4?

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Gawd I love this group! :D

This the PTT connection?

I found it under the left bar cover....

P.S. - I'm scared to work on the thing.... All that plastic has me intimidated... Anyone having a tech session so I can learn to push start the bike? :rotf:

EDIT TO ADD.... Yup, Thats the PTT connection. Under the left bar cover, two small gauge wires, One green the other black. Took my OEM PTT and soldered them on and *BAMM* eyes got a PTT button... Now on to the I*Dum (Icom) connections.... :dance:

PSS... Steve, you see the Corbins in the classifieds.. :histerica

Attachments

#9 ·
Oh yeah! Well bite me you long suffering misguided Southern Oregonian! Everyone on earth knows the LT is superior in every way over every motorcycle ever made!

Loren. :)

BTW How ya doing down there in your little slice of Paradise?

fpmlt said:
While we're at it, I too have some questions?
How does it compare to a Goldwing? Why?
How does it compare to a Harley bagger? Why?
My legs go from the floor up to my ass. Will it be too top heavy for me? And if so, Why?

And keep in mind, I WILL NOT tolerate smart assed answers, sarcasm or humor. Riding these BMW's is SERIOUS business, and we, as elitist BMW riding pricks, should answer these, and other questions, in a serious manner.

#14 ·
That pic is when I picked her up at the PO's house. The first thing to come off... And go into the classifieds and EBAY... Were those corbins. Having a lowered seat when your 6'5 is not conducive to a comfortable ride... After putting MY corbin (a black seat) on her, my first ride was to Grass Valley, Ca ( About an hour up in the hills) to visit Ilium works. New lowered brake and shift extender (Already had the new lowering pegs for $40 from CCR)..

Just got done outfitting her with...
~BMR shelf
~TPX Radar (Ran the audio to the Phone on the Voice)
~Cell phone mount to the shelf

I took out the headlight adjuster and mounted...
~TPS monitor (Orange electronics)
~Volt Meter...

Picks later....

#15 ·
I met Gretchen today, she's a beauty, and my first though was "Hoss is a damn pedophile - she's a LOT younger looking than Barbara!"

He's going to have to wash this one every now and then... :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.