BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Looking at an 02 lt e on line. I have never sat on one and was wondering if I will fit on it with a 36" inseam? I have old airheads and a 07 r12gs and have no problem. I know I can't fit on an 07 RT. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Dang! I have a 29" inseam so my issue is being able to reach the ground. You will for sure want to get the suburban peg lowering kit that gets you another inch or two. You will likely want to use **** o pegs or similar for when you are on the road.

Loren

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wow, you will be able to flat foot at stops, something I can't do. Even with my 28"
inseam, I would get leg cramps on longer rides with the standard foot pegs. I would think that you would have even more discomfort. I put on a set of Darius Foot Boards and the positioning was just fine. Loren also has some good suggestions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. My main concern is getting my knees tucked in behind the tank cut out. My hips to my knees are to long to fit some bikes. That was the issue the RT.

Thanks Steve

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
zamram said:
Thanks for the tips. My main concern is getting my knees tucked in behind the tank cut out. My hips to my knees are to long to fit some bikes. That was the issue the RT.

Thanks Steve
\
I rode an LT for 7 years and currently ride a 07 RT I had no problems with either. I am actually more comfortable on the RT for solo riding. My inseam is 36" also. I did install a footpeg lowering kit on the LT. I also have & had Russel custom seats on both.

·
Registered
32 Posts
02 LT, 36" inseam too. I don't have any problems. I'll be looking for some j-pegs or ****-o-pegs at some point. But, I've gone about 8 hours on the bike without any issues. I'm coming off a Sprint ST, so it feels great to me.

I've read about the lowering kits and that also might be a good option in the future. But, I do enjoy some twisty roads from time to time and don't really want to worry about the scraping.

I don't think you'll find your knees hitting up in the tank. Seems to have plenty of room that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same result here. I have a 35" inch inseam and find my knees a few inches behind the cutouts. In fact, unless I drive my knees into them I dont even touch them You will find that the ergo on this bike is great. Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts