BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help from my fellow BMW riders...... What can be done about my left rear speaker does not have any sound? Removed seat disconnected center plug reconnected but still nothing.... Any other suggestions? :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warden,
Thanks for the heads up, your response prompted me to some other links which I think will help...... I see you were in Ashville, beautiful area.....
Tim

·
Registered
654 Posts
Check and make sure it’s the speaker. My left rear went out, but after trouble shooting I found out the speaker was fine and that it was the output stage of the stereo. My intercom still had full stereo, so I decided to live with it rather that go through the time and expense of a repair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The rear speakers are virtually unknown to fail. It is possible, as is the wiring connections, but circa 2005 models are notorious for an electrical component failure in the output stage of the radio unit itself, which causes one of the speakers (generally the rear ones) to fail. Usually when the unit is stone cold it works for a few seconds then fails. BMW normally change the unit under warranty (if you have an extended one) otherwise it is an expensive operation involving removing the tupperware and a repair job.
The best option is either to ignore it or take the radio unit to a competent radio repair shop.
There are quite a few threads on this issue.
Best of luck
Waz
K1200 LT Basalt Grey
K1200 LT Light Yellow
K1200 RS Blue/silver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts