BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a clutch job I have 2 extra connectors on the port side. One is a 4 wire flat female out of the loom under fuel tank, 2nd is a 4 wire round female out of the loom above the ABS unit. It could be these are surplus but hate to continue with reassembly until I know for sure. Kindly request someone who is knows this bike send me an email and I will reply with photos. Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
Off the top of my head the round four wire is the O2 sensor. It will have a Green/White, a Green/Brown, a Yellow and a Black on the bike side. The sensor has two whites and a Green and a Black.

Not sure just yet on the four wire flat. Wire colors would help. But the TPS comes to mind as it has 4 wires and is flat colors are Brown/Yellow, White/Red, Green/Yellow and a White/Gray

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O2 is right, forgot about the pipe hanging on the wall. Thank you. Flat connector has colors you note - where/what is the TPS?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
It is in the yellow circle connector is on the bottom. Back end of the throttle bodies. Normal to disconnect when dropping the engine down for a clutch job.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, off comes the seat and tank. Thank you for the help.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
The best thing I did when doing my clutch job was to take lots of pictures before I took everything loose. It was a big help putting it all back together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
Thank you. Now back on track. Are you going to MOA Rally? If so give me a call - I owe you a cold one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts