BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2005 LT1200 trike broke down on the road. Wife and I were driving down the road and it died like you shut the switch off. It will turn over but not even a pop. I can hear the fuel pump run when I turn the switch on. Would a ruptured fuel hose in the tank do that? I had the tank off about 4 years ago to change the fuel filter. And yes I used the hose that came with the after market filter. I didn't realize that was a no-no until a year or so after I had put the filter in I'm bad. Thanks for now.
randyg

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
My 2005 LT1200 trike broke down on the road. Wife and I were driving down the road and it died like you shut the switch off. It will turn over but not even a pop. I can hear the fuel pump run when I turn the switch on. Would a ruptured fuel hose in the tank do that? I had the tank off about 4 years ago to change the fuel filter. And yes I used the hose that came with the after market filter. I didn't realize that was a no-no until a year or so after I had put the filter in I'm bad. Thanks for now.
randyg
More then likely, it is those hoses if you can hear the pump prime with key on or cycle of the kill switch. You may be able to see a spray of fuel or large disturbance in the tank through the fill hole with a good flashlight. That is the most likely cause.

Reactions: Voyager
1 - 2 of 2 Posts