BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if rebuild kits are available for the front brake calipers? Or of any other options. Hate to get a used one of the same age.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
Yes BMW sells them look here Then select the year and look under brakes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on caliper issue. Pulled calipers and took a part and blew pistons out to inspect caliper bores before ordering piston kits. Found pistons and bore's all looking like new. Appeared 1 piston was sticking. Long story short all looked so good I just cleaned every thing good and put then back together. Also had ordered some brake lines from Galfer USA.Very nice complete line package for LT with all new banjo bolts and washers. About $50 cheaper then Sliegler. Installed the front lines will do the rest on next major plastic removal. Front brakes are now working as good as ever.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
Glad you got the caliper sorted out. Looking for a report on the Galfer lines. I have done several LTs with Speiglers and curious how these turn out.

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
They fit very nice. They even sent me a T-shirt. Also like that banjo bolts have nut heads.
Most banjo bolts have hex heads. Not sure what you mean by “nut” heads.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Most banjo bolts have hex heads. Not sure what you mean by “nut” heads.
In general, GALFER will furnish all new banjo bolts with their kit AND their banjo bolts are external hex (like a bolt head) unlike the internal Allen Hex we have on OEM banjos for most BMW. See attached photo for an example of a GALFER kit...

Like John Zeiler, I wished he had taken the time to document his install with some photos... in particular the front line along the right fork where there is a need for a junction block. Another common issues with many after market product (except Spiegler) is that you cannot rotate the banjo fitting along the line IF one or more are not same as factory OEM alignment (forcing abnormal bend / twist).

Attachments

Reactions: bmwriderm

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
In general, GALFER will furnish all new banjo bolts with their kit AND their banjo bolts are external hex (like a bolt head) unlike the internal Allen Hex we have on OEM banjos for most BMW. See attached photo for an example of a GALFER kit...

Like John Zeiler, I wished he had taken the time to document his install with some photos... in particular the front line along the right fork where there is a need for a junction block. Another common issues with many after market product (except Spiegler) is that you cannot rotate the banjo fitting along the line IF one or more are not same as factory OEM alignment (forcing abnormal bend / twist).
My Spieglers from STG came with hex head banjo bolts that were color matched to my brake lines. And all new washers. Very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts