BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip to Atlanta from Austin a few weeks ago and was very glad I added the yellow LED's in the below photos. Note that the rear red ones have been on for some time.

I knew when in Atlanta that I'd be riding in the dark and heavy traffic; it happened. The yellow LED's were installed to help those drivers who do a quick look over their sholder or into the mirror and can't really see a bike next to them. These LED's give them that extra chance to see me.

These LED's are from Signal Dynamics Corp. I bought them from a local HD shop. They have 3 wires 1)gnd 2) running light 3) blinker or brake. For mine I simply wanted the most light all the time and hooked up #3 to #2.

Simply put they're great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Nice

Those look sooooooo nice, and the safety factor is a great idea. I envy you guys who know how to do this stuff. :cool:

I changed a turn signal bulb last month.

It would be neat if guys you like you set up shop at any of the regional/national rallies and did this stuff, or did "ride-in" appointments (like the various seat rebuilders) -- for pay, of course. I'm thinking that the quality of work done by owners on these kinds of unique projects is better than if you took the same project to a shop.

Nice job!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I totally agree.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
hschisler said:
Those look sooooooo nice, and the safety factor is a great idea. I envy you guys who know how to do this stuff. :cool:

I changed a turn signal bulb last month.

It would be neat if guys you like you set up shop at any of the regional/national rallies and did this stuff, or did "ride-in" appointments (like the various seat rebuilders) -- for pay, of course. I'm thinking that the quality of work done by owners on these kinds of unique projects is better than if you took the same project to a shop.

Nice job!
Hey, Howard - y'all ARE goin' to CCR, yeah?!?! Well, beg, borry, or steal whatever it takes to git there, cuz you're gonna have farklitis overload all week long. Bring a digital camera and two extry batteries - and read the camera instructions 'fore you leave home so no time is wasted at the reunion!! :D

One of several side benefits is, some folks will show up with farkles that are outside the box (read, they don't hang out here, butt they got farkles - some different and some same). You'll see so many farkles, make ya wanna go buy a second LT to hold 'em all!! :bmw:

See ya at the Chateau! You started packin' yet?? ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi Howard,
You hit on something I've been thinking about--that is, a drive-in shop to install lighting accessories. I would install not just what I make (Saddlebag Reflectors, etc.), but also things like the Signal Dynamics LEDs. The problem is, until I don't need to do my day job, I dont have the time. However, the wife, with all of her retirement benefits, may make this a possibility in the next year or so.

The other problem is my location--not that many LTs in Utah. However, we are thinking of retiring to Tucson--I suspect more bikes down that way. Hopefully, I could pull something together. It's nice to hear that there is a need...

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
larryschumer said:
Hi Howard,
You hit on something I've been thinking about--that is, a drive-in shop to install lighting accessories. I would install not just what I make (Saddlebag Reflectors, etc.), but also things like the Signal Dynamics LEDs. The problem is, until I don't need to do my day job, I dont have the time. However, the wife, with all of her retirement benefits, may make this a possibility in the next year or so.

The other problem is my location--not that many LTs in Utah. However, we are thinking of retiring to Tucson--I suspect more bikes down that way. Hopefully, I could pull something together. It's nice to hear that there is a need...
Hey, Larry - don't forget the beeg BBQ pit in the back as another drawing card!! An *RTE/w/farkle installation* destination!! :yeah: And the 18-wheeler for travelin' and setup at CCRs and choice rallies. :thumb:

Hmmmm - after you leave your day job, I wonder why they call it 'retirement'!!!! :D

Good luck to ya, Larry.

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, Howard - y'all ARE goin' to CCR, yeah?!?! Well, beg, borry, or steal whatever it takes to git there, cuz you're gonna have farklitis overload all week long. Bring a digital camera and two extry batteries - and read the camera instructions 'fore you leave home so no time is wasted at the reunion!! :D

One of several side benefits is, some folks will show up with farkles that are outside the box (read, they don't hang out here, butt they got farkles - some different and some same). You'll see so many farkles, make ya wanna go buy a second LT to hold 'em all!! :bmw:

See ya at the Chateau! You started packin' yet?? ;)
Well, uh... no. But I am going to STC II, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!! :D

CCR is during the school year. My wife (a teacher) isn't able to take time off during the year and I like to travel with her so we aren't going.

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, Larry - don't forget the beeg BBQ pit in the back as another drawing card!! An *RTE/w/farkle installation* destination!! :yeah: And the 18-wheeler for travelin' and setup at CCRs and choice rallies. :thumb:

Hmmmm - after you leave your day job, I wonder why they call it 'retirement'!!!! :D

Good luck to ya, Larry.
Larry, Dick has the answer: retire, set yourself up with a truck (w/sleeper cab) and trailer, stock it with parts and tools, and tour the country doing the stuff you like to do on bikes. Be sure to leave room in the trailer for your bike, of course. All your expenses are deductible!

·
Registered
711 Posts
You know, that's really not a bad idea. I'm going to be giving that some serious thought. My whole life could be one, giant tax deduction :). Yeah, retirement does not equal rest, that's for sure. As it is now, I'm actually too busy to go to my day job--I have to make time to go to work. Amazing.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
RaffyK said:
And I have the rig just for you. All set up with a Handy Air Lift embedded in the trailer floor, parts bins, storage area and the other half is a fully self contained sleeper.

Let me know when you are ready.
Hey, Raffy - does it have a slide-out porch with a BBQ pit on it?? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts