BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added an LED tail light to my LT with just a few simple parts and a small modification to the rear fender. The tail light really lights up bright to make me more visible at night and day. The whole job takes about an hour to complete.

I am including pictures of the light as well as the BOM and template for modifying the rear fender. Best of all the parts cost less than $50.

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I added an LED tail light to my LT with just a few simple parts and a small modification to the rear fender. The tail light really lights up bright to make me more visible at night and day. The whole job takes about an hour to complete.

I am including pictures of the light as well as the BOM and template for modifying the rear fender. Best of all the parts cost less than $50.

Alex
Looks like you have the luggage rack with the LED brake light. Add this to it for even more attention grabbing from followers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPSZZXQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can stick it in the top case where the wires come through. 10 minutes job.

Reactions: acuningham

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
It is funny as this was offered in a kit for the LT about 12 years ago by one of the many vendors. It had the grommet, light and plug for about $50. I bought two of the lights off a truck web site and just stuck them on the top case of my 2009 GS with velcro.

Good to see it coming back again.

Reactions: DRONE

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the flasher kit from amazon today. It comes with two so I can use one for the tail light and the other one for the top case light. Wow, that is going to be a lot of flashing.

thanks for sharing the link

alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts