BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added LED Strip Lighting on my 2007 LT.

Installed 6 " LED Light Strip on the insides of the flarings. Constructed a L-shaped support to secure to bolt holes on flaring and to provide sturdy base for securing the LED lighting. Wired the lights to the front running lights. Purchased the LED lights from Auto Zone.

Lighting works well and makes for a better frontal visibility both during the day and night.

Some photos are attached for your viewing pleasure. Photos show distance and close-up of mounting and then night photo with LED lights and no Motolights and with Motolights.

Hanshi

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Maybe amber and wire them to act as aux turn signals. With 8 lights shining forward, you may need them... :rotf:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shoswell said:
Maybe amber and wire them to act as aux turn signals. With 8 lights shining forward, you may need them... :rotf:
Not a bad idea - however I also have led lights under my mirrors (amber to front and red to rear) which are running and sequential turn signals. They are quit obvious when engaged to signal a turn - so for now I think I'm covered. also generally only run the Motolights at night so during the day I run the regular BMW lights and the LED's.

Thanks for the imput.

Hanshi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts