BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the lights on my 2015 R1200RT are bright, the headlight doesn't last too long. I'm tired of scraping my hands trying to replace it.

Time for the LED conversion.

I'm looking for one that is a "plug & play" type so that I don't have to modify the rear cover to accommodate the new "bulb".

Suggestions??

Cheers,
P. Gelineau

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking for one that is a "plug & play" type so that I don't have to modify the rear cover to accommodate the new "bulb".

P. Gelineau
I did the cyclops and its worked fine last 10K miles. No Mods necessary to install it. I had badly mangled the bulb retaining clip from multiple bulb changes over the years and the bulbs never really seated correctly. I decided to pull the entire headlight assembly to get things in proper. This required removing the wind shield bracket and I broke one of the bracket arms trying to remove one of the frozen pivot pins. Long story short, the cyclops went in fine and I fixed the bulb retaining bracket and spent ~$1000 for a new windshield motor/bracket. Ymmv

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
513 Posts
I installed the ADV Monsters in my 2015, and the wife's 2017. I was able to install both in about 30 minutes, no HL assembly removal needed. I do have small hands. But I had no help. Just sat on a small chair and visualized the pictures I saw posted here. It is a tight fit, to tuck the driver module and spread those braids out. But it'll fit. I've had mine for 15k. I think the wife's is about the same now.

Out of Stock...

·
Registered
41 Posts
ADV Monster gave me a light out fault. Replaced with CycleOps, no fault. They look and work amazing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed Cyclops this spring and like them. I removed the headlight assembly to install them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You can read my review of the Cyclops LED lights here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts