1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
That guy has poseur written all over him.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks cool... but I'd be concerned about the generic, "foam padding"... I usually like
to see AT LEAST a "CE approval" of my armor....

Keep us posted... (pun intended).

B

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can replace the pad with a set from Knox, I did it in one of my wife's jacket. www.planetknox.com. They have a couple of different styles to choose from. The were really easy to work with, but shipping can be a bit pricey.

Cheers,
Phil
Brooklyn, MI
2003 LTC Titan

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Jacket came in today and it's MUCH nicer than I expected.

It is a MESH jacket and even though it comes with a liner i'm sure you'd not want to be riding in the winter. But 3 season it should be just great...

It seems to be very well made with armor in the elbows and shoulders.
It also has foam padding in a scalloped fashion on the back arms and front.

It looks like it's going to be a good jacket for a fair price..

I also have a leather one coming. I'll let ya'll know about it as well..

Pictures attached..

Spence

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry, but it looks like a turtle shell or reptile skin. I like my leather more classic. Check out Fox Creek leather. Very nice, heavy weight classic leather. I wear mine three season, fall, spring, winter.
Good luck, hope it works for you. In the end that's all that matters.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here is another vote for Fox Creek Leather. I have only had mine for 1 year but I am very impressed with the quality.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that you mention it, I do feel a little reptillian today....hmmmm( tongue flicks )

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was just looking at the paperwork that came with this jacket.. It says the armor is CE rated. So I pulled one of the pads out and sure enough it says CE right on it...
I'm upping my rating on this jacket to 5 stars. I can't find a thing bad about it.
Although even with the liner it's just not going to be a cold weather jacket. I'll have to break out the leather I think below about 50 or so....

Take Care,

Spence

1 - 12 of 12 Posts