BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Just my $0.02. A bit over the top. The LT has a new design to it, not a covered wagon. Maybe for the guy who had pennies stuck all over his bike. Remember him? Nice work on the leather, though.

Sorry, just my opinion,
Jer

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice leather work.
I guess you are looking for someone to critique I will try to help. The easy stuff first. Black or blue leather will match the later year LT say 2006-2010. I like antique cars and that reminds me of the trunk on the Packard. Looked good there. I don't really like any weight up high on my bike plus it takes away from the rack and the astetics. How will the bike handle with it back there even if it was empty or light? Will it tear the rack out of tupperware? Perhaps a blind spot. One more thing dimensions? L x W x H
Its still a good looking piece of luggage.
ride safe :bmw:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
A couple of thoughts:

1) I would think a leather bag would be quite a bit heavier than one made from synthetic material. Don't really want any more weight than necessary that high on the bike.

2) I've always loved my old leather m/c jacket, but I seldom ever wear it anymore. Why? Tech jackets are much more waterproof, better armor, lighter, just better in every way. So, regarding luggage, I would want something that keeps the contents dry in a downpour. While a nice looking piece, that bag doesn't appear to meet that qualification.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It's obviously very nice work...Take it off the LT, Put it on that Harley that Ron showed you and it would be perfect...

Just out of place on the LT..
We think more in terms of function over "looks"..
Got to be light.. I'm sure in reality it doesn't weigh much... Got to be waterproof or we're not even going to think about it.. We ride in the rain...

It would obviously be just fine for someone who has a more western taste, As Ron pointed out..And doesn't ride when it might rain....

Think "Power Rangers".... And get back to us....:)

And yet we still call it The Curve Cowboy Reunion... Go figure..:confused:

John

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Don't be discourage.
The luggage has a great western look. I agree with most other posts just does not fit LT image. I saw a trailer on one of these post that had an extension rear tray. That might fit into it like a cooler. Again leather is definitely a no no and not water-proof. AZ here I come.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
327 Posts
simoncharles said:
What is the general opinion about this bag ? Could also be available in black and blue.
No price at the moment, just looking for opinions.
Im sure it must have seemed like a good idea at the time and whatever it was I want some. :D

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Someone already mentioned the obvious weight issue. I will add... This will act like a big sail in the wind. Nothing like exceeding the weight limits on an already top heavy bike and having an invisible force try to yank your bike sideways in a heavy cross wind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts