BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BMW K 1600 Pre-Sale Customers,

I’ve heard from a few of you who have been able to take a demo ride on one of the K 1600 GTL’s that are appearing at our dealers now. Each of our dealers in accordance with worldwide policy has been given just one demo bike which they could choose to be either a K 1600 GT or K 1600 GTL. We’ve advised them to contact you personally to invite you in for the first rides on their demo bike and this seems to be happening.

However, naturally having ridden the K 1600 GTL some of you would like to sample the K 1600 GT. However, only nine of our dealers decided to take GT’s – they are at the bottom of this email. You might be better off trying out our Demo Truck at one of the dealer open houses listed below. We will also be providing demo rides at Americade next month.

Be warned that with initial customer bike production becoming imminent, you might delay your bike’s delivery if you switch now. All of you of course are champing at the bit to get your bikes – as soon as we can provide further information, rest assured that we will do so!

May 14, 2011
Demo Truck
>> Gina’s BMW Motorcycles
3 Escort Lane
Iowa City, IA 52240
(319) 338-1404

May 14, 2011
Demo Truck
>> BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan
39933 Ford Road
Canton, MI 48187
(734) 981-1479

May 20-21, 2011
Demo Truck
>> BMW Motorcycles of Utah
339 W. 9000 S.
Sandy, UT 84070
(801) 618-2700

June 17-18, 2011
Demo Truck
>> BMW Motorcycles of Grand Rapids
5995 South Division
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 530-6900

June 25, 2011
Demo Truck
>> BMW Motorcycles of Countryside
6150 S La Grange Rd
Countryside, IL 60525
(847) 951-3360

July 15-16, 2011
Demo Truck
>> Ohio Motorcycle
3747 Park Mill Run Drive
Hilliard, OH 49548
(614) 771-0771

August 13, 2011
Demo Truck
>> Bergen County BMW Motorcycles
124 Essex St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
(201) 843-6930

September 10-11, 2011
Demo Truck
>> Long Beach BMW Motorcycles
2125 E. Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562) 426-1200

September 17, 2011
Demo Truck
>> A&S BMW Motorcycles
1125 Orlando Ave
Roseville, CA 95661
(800) 689-9893

September 21-25, 2011
Demo Truck
>> Street Vibrations Fall Rally
Reno, NV
(775) 329-SHOW

Check out our web site at www.bmwmotorcycles.com for updated listings as dealers add the BMW Demo Truck to their open houses. This year the BMW Demo Truck will exclusively have the K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL on the truck to maximize the number of test rides that customers can take.

The dealers who have a demo K 1600 GT are:


· Max BMW CT

· Gold Coast BMW NY

· BMW of Cambridge MA

· Battley Cycles MD

· Sandia Motorcycles NM

· BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon OR

· California BMW CA

· Diablo Kawasaki CA

· Santa Rosa BMW CA

Next week we will start mailing out our second “CARE package” which will contain a brand new BMW Brand UNSTOPPABLE Book just in from Germany, a free issue of Rider’s May issue with their K 1600 GT/GTL cover story, and an internal training document normally provided solely to dealers called “Technical Features in Detail”. Of course, there will be other packages to follow after that, too.

Best wishes,

Laurence Kuykendall

Community & Communications Manager

BMW Motorrad USA
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
Yep same bull shit letter I got & here was my response back to BMW

Quote:
The hell with this stuff. I have taken a test ride already, WHEN ARE WE
Getting our bikes. I Put down the deposit 7 months ago & all I get is
BS, I want a delivery date.
Do I sound frustrated? You damn right I am. Triumph & Ducati both released
"NEW" bikes this year with little waiting after we learned about them. I
do not care about tee shirts & other crap I can get anywhere I WANT MY
BIKE.


Steve Shreeve
ASAP Motorcycle Service
(512) 590-0582
End Quote:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
katnapinn said:
Yep same bull shit letter I got & here was my response back to BMW

Quote:
The hell with this stuff. I have taken a test ride already, WHEN ARE WE
Getting our bikes. I Put down the deposit 7 months ago & all I get is
BS, I want a delivery date.
Do I sound frustrated? You damn right I am. Triumph & Ducati both released
"NEW" bikes this year with little waiting after we learned about them. I
do not care about tee shirts & other crap I can get anywhere I WANT MY
BIKE.


Steve Shreeve
ASAP Motorcycle Service
(512) 590-0582
End Quote:
tell em how you feel Steve! :kaboom:
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
SmokinJoe said:
tell em how you feel Steve! :kaboom:
Here was Laurences' response to me.

Both of those bikes are primitive compared to the technology and complexity of the BMW that is coming. And the worldwide demand for this bike is at least 50 times the demand that either of those bikes will have, if not more. Sorry that I can't help you more than that, but this is the reality. Best wishes, Laurence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
katnapinn said:
Here was Laurences' response to me.

Both of those bikes are primitive compared to the technology and complexity of the BMW that is coming. And the worldwide demand for this bike is at least 50 times the demand that either of those bikes will have, if not more. Sorry that I can't help you more than that, but this is the reality. Best wishes, Laurence
And He read the response from the Global Manufacturer, and saw that it was True, and knew that the Desired Motorcycle was AWESOME and worth the wait, and vowed to wait until Hell froze over to receive his own Awesome K1600GTL, and they all lived Happily Ever After. :sun:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
katnapinn said:
Yep same bull shit letter I got & here was my response back to BMW

Quote:
The hell with this stuff. I have taken a test ride already, WHEN ARE WE
Getting our bikes. I Put down the deposit 7 months ago & all I get is
BS, I want a delivery date.
Do I sound frustrated? You damn right I am. Triumph & Ducati both released
"NEW" bikes this year with little waiting after we learned about them. I
do not care about tee shirts & other crap I can get anywhere I WANT MY
BIKE.


Steve Shreeve
ASAP Motorcycle Service
(512) 590-0582
End Quote:
Dude.....Chill out :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Texas doesn't get a "demo truck"? I guess Iowa has more riders than we do :wtf:

DAVID - you and I live fairly close - I'm near Seabrook. Do you have a shop in the Sante Fe area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
katnapinn said:
The hell with this stuff. I have taken a test ride already, WHEN ARE WE
Getting our bikes. I Put down the deposit 7 months ago & all I get is
BS, I want a delivery date.
Do I sound frustrated? You damn right I am. Triumph & Ducati both released
"NEW" bikes this year with little waiting after we learned about them. I
do not care about tee shirts & other crap I can get anywhere I WANT MY
BIKE.
That's pretty immature. The reason Triumph and Ducati released their bikes more quickly after announcing them was because they didn't announce them until they were almost ready. BMW could have waited until February of this year to announce the bike, instead of October 2010, but you would not get your bike any sooner. But releasing information in October allows them to show the bike at all of the bike shows in the fall and winter, as well as generate excitement.

Their marketing department knows people are likely to buy something they've been anticipating for a while. Without the wait, people would be more likely to compare it with other bikes and possibly choose them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
It could be settled if they cancelled the Iowa demos and just gave Steve his bike! :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
I'd be a bit ticked too, unless I was told delivery was to be in June! Maybe they will give some extra perks for the extra waiting. At lest the warranty with be further in the future!
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
SmokinJoe said:
I'd be a bit ticked too, unless I was told delivery was to be in June! Maybe they will give some extra perks for the extra waiting. At lest the warranty with be further in the future!
This was my main compliant In December I was told Feb Delivery, Then in Jan I was told late March / April delivery Now I all get is "I do not know when you will get your bike". I have a buyer for my LT but I may not sell it because I would like to RIDE to CCR not fly. If the new bike does not get here till September (I've been told by my dealer could happen) I am screwed.
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,456 Posts
katnapinn said:
This was my main compliant In December I was told Feb Delivery, Then in Jan I was told late March / April delivery Now I all get is "I do not know when you will get your bike". I have a buyer for my LT but I may not sell it because I would like to RIDE to CCR not fly. If the new bike does not get here till September (I've been told by my dealer could happen) I am screwed.
So that you won't get screwed, (ok, ok, that's not a lead in...!!) you can take ole Toad to CCR. You'll have to install a trailer hitch, put the top box back on, and install a new set of tyres; butt ole Toad would be pleased to see Boise in Septembre.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Dick said:
So that you won't get screwed, (ok, ok, that's not a lead in...!!) you can take ole Toad to CCR. You'll have to install a trailer hitch, put the top box back on, and install a new set of tyres; butt ole Toad would be pleased to see Boise in Septembre.
I was going to offer to let him ride pillion with me.
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,456 Posts
DanMartin said:
I was going to offer to let him ride pillion with me.
Hey, that'd work. Only one better would be to let Sammie ride as your pillion and let Stevie ride the Vespa!!!!! :rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
If you are upset because you were told Feb. Delivery then your anger is misplaced. BMW has said all along mid to late may for U.S. Deliveries. You should be more upset with your dealer who I am guessing is the one that told you Feb. delivery, not BMW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I was told another delay could be because the earthquake in Japan. There are components manufactured in Japan for the bike. I think it was micro chips. Dealers are not much of a part of the delivery process. BMW informs the pre order customers as much as they advise dealers. It's just a waiting game.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top