BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight I saw something briefly in the top center of the LCD display between the speedo and tach on my '09 LT.
It got me wondering is there a image of everything on that display and a description of what it means?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
Here it shows a 0 for the gear indicator. The lighting bolt means a temporary low battery condition associated with the EHCS. It can also display an hour glass that means you have used the EHCS to many times close together and it needs to cool. There is a "call" symbol that the book lists but I have never seen it. You can dimm the dash lights with one of the rubber buttons and it will display several boxes that ore empty or filled in as it relates to brightness. And last there is (on 07 and up) a big snow flake that means OAT is suitable for road icing.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it shows a 0 for the gear indicator. The lighting bolt means a temporary low battery condition associated with the EHCS. It can also display an hour glass that means you have used the EHCS to many times close together and it needs to cool. There is a "call" symbol that the book lists but I have never seen it. You can dimm the dash lights with one of the rubber buttons and it will display several boxes that ore empty or filled in as it relates to brightness. And last there is (on 07 and up) a big snow flake that means OAT is suitable for road icing.
Thanks It was the low batt.
What is EHCS? OAT?
Saw the snowflake today.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks It was the low batt.
What is EHCS? OAT?
Saw the snowflake today.
EHCS: Electro-Hydraulic Center Stand (unique to K1200LT specs terminology)
OAT: Outside Air Temperature (common abbrev in Automotive and Aviation)

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Ice on the road at 14C? = 57F

My car gives the ice warning at 3C (37F)

Isn't the exclamation point the "call" symbol?

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Ice on the road at 14C? = 57F

My car gives the ice warning at 3C (37F)

Isn't the exclamation point the "call" symbol?
My snowflake appears at 37F. I suspect that picture was taken with the symbols being "forced" by a diagnostic mode and not driven by the temperature.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rode my bike all winter, as low as 25° F and never once did my display show a snowflake. I rode through a few, but never saw one on the LCD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Rode my bike all winter, as low as 25° F and never once did my display show a snowflake. I rode through a few, but never saw one on the LCD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
My 2007 works fine get to 37 or below and the flashing snowflake makes itself known.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I've not seen one on my '05, must be a feature they added later like being able to dim your display. IIRC, the '02 did give a ice waring in the left hand display.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
The dash dimming and snowflake were addins in 2006 or 2007. Remember the 2005 was actually introduced in 2004 (I got mine in June of 2004).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts