BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its front brake pad time for my '99 LT (05/99) and I'm confused...

Got new pads at Morton's BMW yesterday and noticed they look different than the pads that are on the bike, as well as the pads that appear in the Sayegh video. They're missing an anti rattle piece, and have two little tabs the originals dont.

Part number for the pads I just got is: 34 11 7 690 169

Out of curiosity, I checked out the Max BMW online parts fiche. Searching out the 99-04 LT fiche, the pads for the '99 come up as 34 11 7 663 764.

But if I enter 34 11 7 690 169 in their parts finder, it shows fiche diagrams for '99 bikes and later models as well (!). How confusing!

I havent tried to fit these pads yet, but think I'll try them. Anyone have a similar experience on these pads?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don't know about the part numbers, but I had ordered front and rear pads from BMW Bone Yard by the part # they had for the 99 and they looked identical to the OEM pads I removed. I assume you have the BREMBO calipers? I would call Morton's and ask the question and reiterate the year, sounds like they may have sent the wrong ones. (BTW, they are closed Mondays)

Maybe somebody with more knowledge on the P/Ns will chime in.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Those front pads with the three tabs are for the later model Bikes with the integrated servo system. They are easier to change on those Bikes because you don't have to remove the Calipers, but they will not work on the earlier ABS-II systems which the 99-00 (and early 01's) have!

I would exchange them at your dealer for the correct ones.

John

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses!

Ugh! You'd think the parts counter would know their products. Maybe its human error, but geez!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went thru that as well. I have an 02' which was manufactured in Sept. 01' It has the Brembo calipers. The front pads listed for the 02 didn't fit. I had to re-order the 99-02 pads which were the correct ones. Confusing I know.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,939 Posts
For the Brembo labled calipers this is the shape you want for the front. The rears are the same for all years.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts