BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to play with friends from 33 different countries in Houston last weekend at 18,000 feet. We practiced on Thursday and Friday, then went up and on the 4th attempt, had a solid completion.

We jumped from 8 airplanes and the picture is from two different angles. I'm in a dark jumpsuit/grey helmet, third row back from the green jumpsuit at around 12:00. Real easy to find with a powerful magnifying glass!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That is swuueeet...............what alt did you jump?..............looks like entirely too much fun............good job..........j

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hey, Dan - any of that a record? Countries? Jumpers? Most blue suits? :rolleyes:

Glad y'all picked a day when the wind at 18k wuzn't hurricane strength.

Good on ya, Dan. I had wondered what you were doing in Houston.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Man, that looks like sooo much fun. Who organizes these things? I bet it takes months to send out an ask for a show of hands and commitments to show up and then at the last minuts, someones kid gets sick and you are missing one jumper.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fpmlt said:
Is this you?

Good eye! That's me...

Some day I'll figure how to do that on my computer. We were jumping from about 18,000 feet and on oxygen from 13,000 to jump run.

It was a Texas state record. The world record is 400 and I'm trying to get on the team that will try to do a 500-way formation around February 2013 in Dubai.

It is an informal group that put on the jump. In a way, an audition for the big one in Dubai in two years. It's by invitation and takes a lot of coordination. Normally 10-20 extra are invited to try to get on, in case someone invited can't make it or gets sick. There are some video that have been made of the record that I'll try to find and post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts