BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be getting a new helmet soon and want to make sure whatever I get will fit in the side case. My XXL Nolan does, but I seem to scrape the air vent every time I remove it. I vaguely remember reading someone else's post who bought a new helmet only to find that it would not fit in the side case.

Which larger helmets do or don't fit the LT side case?

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Rick-L said:
My XL Schuberth C2 fits, but only if the chinguard is flipped up partway. Might fit without doing that but would be a tight squeeze.
Each individual helmet manufacturer usually makes their XL and their XXL helmets the same size in exterior shell dimensions - the difference in fit comes with the interior: material thickness, layered, padding, etc. Not sure they all do that, but most do. I once had an XL helmet that began to lose fit and become too moveable on my head - Denise at Lone Star set me straight and ordered the XXL cheekpads and liner --- good to go for a coupla more years.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Just checked. My Shoei Multitech XL fits in the left pannier without the tool kit. It's behind the pillion seat.

HTH,
Jer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was mentioned in another thread that the Symax II XL didn't fit the side case. In fact that was what prompted me to start this thread. Well it so happens that the HJC Sy-Max II is looking like it fits me the best and I'm considering it.

I tried one on at the local BMW shop and then asked to try to fit it in their showroom LT. Sure enough, it doesn't fit, but now I'm wondering if it would have fit if the tool pouch had been stashed some place else.

Has anyone been able to stow their Sy-Max II in the side case?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts