BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
With the blue skies cooperating as they are, do we dare tempt fate to plan "just one more" weekend ride before the weather closes in and the two lane passes are shuttered for a long winter's nap? Yes, I should think so! :thumb:

Destination: South Lake Tahoe (Very near the casinos at Stateline, NV. and the Heavenly Gondola)

When: November 11-12

Where: There is a nicely maintained, modestly priced Days Inn within walking distance of The Brewery at South Lake Tahoe as well as Brewer's Branding Iron Restaurant. (Brewer's used to be Mulligan's. Same Irish charm but more steak. I recommend Brewer's for dinner.) It will be a little brisk after the sun goes down especially at the higher elevations but the trees are still turning even as the frost is on the pumpkin. Plan on temps in low to mid 30s at night!


http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=04990&brandInfo=DI

http://www.mulligansirishpub.com/

Route: The Rally Point will be The Bonanza Restaurant in Jackson, CA on Saturday, November 11th at 1130. We will have lunch and then head over Hwy 88 over the top then through Hope Valley into South Lake Tahoe before the sun goes down. :sun:

Bonanza Restaurant 835 N Main St, Jackson, Ca.

How: Make your own reservation online or over the phone at the Days Inn. Then list your name(s) on the sign up below. BYOB for a little "nightcap" party after dinner. Meet up for lunch but ride your own ride and be sure to stop at the many vista points along Hwy 88. Return by your own route and your personal schedule. There has been some discussion of a group going over to Virginia City Sunday morning. We'll decide Saturday night.

Caveat: If the weather forecast turns marginal or worse, the ride will be cancelled with adequate notice. It's simply the safe thing to do. And, if the weather stays nice, we'll raise a toast to those that balked and stayed home.

Lake Tahoe Ride
2. Bob and Jeanie
4. Steve and Mia
6. Mark and Vicki
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Bob. One more good week end ride before the cold days set in the hills. Can't wait. Reservations made on line without a hitch.

Lake Tahoe Ride
2. Bob and Jeanie
4. Steve and Mia
6. Mark and Vicki
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Lake Tahoe Nov 11-12

Lake Tahoe Ride
2. Bob and Jeanie
4. Steve and Mia
6. Mark and Vicki
8. Mark and Judy



Mark and Judy C.
Lodi, CA
'01 R1100RT :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Lake Tahoe Nov 11-12
Lake Tahoe Ride
2. Bob and Jeanie
4. Steve and Mia
6. Mark and Vicki
8. Mark and Judy
10. Bruce and Denise
Let the good times continue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stay the course...

Caveat: If the weather forecast turns marginal or worse, the ride will be cancelled with adequate notice. It's simply the safe thing to do. And, if the weather stays nice, we'll raise a toast to those that balked and stayed home.
I know the ten day weather.com forecast does not look too promising but these storms are hard to predict with even marginal accuracy more than 2-3 days in advance. Ideally, it will come in a day or two earlier and we'll have a winter wonderland with mild temps to ride through at the higher elevations. We'll make the call Thursday morning to give everyone enough time to cancel their reservations without penalty should the weather not cooperate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
National Weather Service Winter Storm Warning

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA1006 PM PST WED NOV 8 2006CAZ013>019-063-064-066>069-091315-SHASTA LAKE AREA / NORTHERN SHASTA COUNTY-BURNEY BASIN / EASTERN SHASTA COUNTY-NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY-CENTRAL SACRAMENTO VALLEY-SOUTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY-CARQUINEZ STRAIT AND DELTA-NORTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY-MOUNTAINS SOUTHWESTERN SHASTA COUNTY TO NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY-CLEAR LAKE/SOUTHERN LAKE COUNTY-NORTHEAST FOOTHILLS/SACRAMENTO VALLEY-MOTHERLODE-WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY/LASSEN PARK-WEST SLOPE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA-1006 PM PST WED NOV 8 2006...

IF TRAVELING OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAIN PASSES THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND YOU COULD ENCOUNTER SNOW..A STORM SYSTEM APPROACHING NORTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS HOLIDAYWEEKEND WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DUMP SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW OVER THE MOUNTAIN PASSES OF THE SIERRA NEVADA LATE FRIDAY NIGHTAND SATURDAY MORNING. FOR THE VALLEY...RAIN IS EXPECT MAINLY FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING...WITH CLEARING BY NOON SATURDAYFOR THE CENTRAL VALLEY.

ANOTHER SYSTEM LATE IN THE WEEKEND COULD PRODUCE MORE SNOW BELOW PASS LEVEL STARTING SUNDAY EVENING. IF PLANNING TRAVEL INTO THE MOUNTAINS THIS WEEKEND CARRY CHAINS...EXTRA WARM CLOTHING AND BLANKETS. LISTEN TO ALL HAZARDS NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA OUTLET FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THESE SYSTEMS.

It seems well evident the weather will not support the ride across the Sierras and into South Lake Tahoe this weekend. Therefore, in the interest of safety this ride is postponed to a future date. Please cancel your Days Inn reservation by 4pm on Thursday, Nov 9th so that you are not charged. Looks like winter is finally arriving in the Sierras. Stay tuned.....
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top