BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out riding today and stopped by the local biker club for a sandwich. I love going there because 99 percent of them drive HDs. Half of them look the other way and pay me no attention because Im on a BMW and some others like to come look at it. Pretty much gets all there attention when the auto center stand is engaged.
Anyway next to me a 1200LT pulls up and a women gets off. Pulls it up on the center stand. Found out she has a 2002. She bought it a few weeks ago.
Says she has dropped it a few times now but doesn't care because she loves it. She was about 5'4 and light to medium build. She also just moved here from Germany. Thought it was interesting and possibly unusual.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've come across a couple of lady LT riders, I think it's great. It sounds like she was a tad more petite than the ones I've seen. I know guys bigger than her that afraid to even try an LT. She must be a spunky little thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im 6' and she was a good 6 to 8 inches shorter than me. She said she had driven bikes all her life and I guess she was 40 to 45 years old. She was very interested in my add ons, Motolights, floorboards, etc.. I did write down the bmwlt.com address for her and told her if she is a LT owner that this is a must have site. The info on this site has been a huge help to me as a newer LT owner.

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
I have not seen many fellow LT riders let alone a female, you go girl!

·
Cat Herder
5,852 Posts
HHmmm I wonder what story that tells about all the macho guys who sold the bike because it was too hard to handle.

Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that is what impressed me the most about her. She said she had dropped it a few times and yet she acually really didnt care. I could tell she just really loved the bike. I wonder if she got it back up by herself. She could use the "how to" video.

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
andy said:
HHmmm I wonder what story that tells about all the macho guys who sold the bike because it was too hard to handle.

Just thinking out loud.
Andy I thought it and you said it :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
One of my co-coaches at the MSF classes used to own an LT. She said she loved it, but she and her hubby also bought GSes and the GSes are more fun, so she sold the LT. Ladies can ride them and do on occasion. She did admit to dropping it a few times and said that it does require a lot of attention at slow speeds, as we all know.

Randy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts