BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Wow.
I guess if he ever did crash he'd never feel a thing because it would happen so fast.

I liked the last part of the video, where he flew with what I thought at first was an F-15, but I think is the Russian (Mig? SUxxx?) air superiority fighter. Very cool. Interesting that they would black-out the identifying numbers on the fighter.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
He is definately pushing the envelope! Can't get too much lower....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Proudly in line for the Darwin award...
I guess we have to agree to disagree. "Stupid" is relative. In that video, I saw a very skilled pilot, who was very in control. Pushing the envelope? Maybe. But I've done that on my bikes ... as have you ... and we will do these things again and again. And meanwhile, a bystander will be nominating us for the Darwin award.

I agree with ya Diolach ... that boy is LIVING! :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
andy said:
I am not certain if this guy just has a death wish or what else the problem.
WHich is what your neighbors say about you when you take off down the street on your motorcycle. :)

It's all relative.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Scottly said:
WHich is what your neighbors say about you when you take off down the street on your motorcycle. :)

It's all relative.
Bingo! Excellent video footage and editing there. :thumb:

·
Registered
616 Posts
hschisler said:
I liked the last part of the video, where he flew with what I thought at first was an F-15, but I think is the Russian (Mig? SUxxx?) air superiority fighter. Very cool. Interesting that they would black-out the identifying numbers on the fighter.

It's a Russian-built Mig 29 and it has Hungarian Air Force markings. Since Zoltan Veres is from there, I'm sure it's a friend doing something with the jet that may have not been "authorized".

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
messenger13_ver2 said:
I guess we have to agree to disagree. "Stupid" is relative. In that video, I saw a very skilled pilot, who was very in control. Pushing the envelope? Maybe. But I've done that on my bikes ... as have you ... and we will do these things again and again. And meanwhile, a bystander will be nominating us for the Darwin award.

I agree with ya Diolach ... that boy is LIVING! :)
My first inclination and guess is ya don't have a pilots license and therefore have very little experience to judge what this guy is actually doing and just HOW slim the margin of error here is. But then who needs experience, that is wholly overrated.

Is he in control? Sure. Can he fly? Hell yeah, I wish I could fly that well! is he prepared to deal with only a slight hiccup of his engine? Fuck no! Under normal circumstances pilots have at least a chance to correct, doing slips and other things at extremely low altitude, give you not much to no time to correct, and hence my opinion stands. His flying skills would be just as impressive if he would do it at an altitude of 200-300 ft, and that would be low flying already. Coming down below 100 ft for no good reason is only stupid and a show off or in other words: While impressive, still an attention whore.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
While I'm no pilot, I have some stick time - mostly in VietNam, and splitting tree tops with the wing tips. My opinion is that this guy is AWESOME. My hats off to him. To call him stupid is, well, stupid.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
616 Posts
andy said:
Is he in control? Sure. Can he fly? Hell yeah, I wish I could fly that well! is he prepared to deal with only a slight hiccup of his engine? Fuck no! .

No more than same pilot at several hundred feet is prepared to deal with a failed main spar. Bottom line: If you are below an altitude which will allow you to get out and deploy a parachute should a major air frame failure occur, you are elevating the already calculated risk. So, I guess I don't see him doing anything any more dangerous than any other air show pilot.

But then again, to me...walking out the door is a calculated risk and I believe that each of us makes that decision to the best of the ability or desire for thrill each of us has, as to how much risk we take.

Statistically speaking, not many air show pilots retire. Most die before they get that far.

·
Registered
530 Posts
andy said:
My first inclination....blah, blah, blah ....... Fuck no.....blah, blah blah.....whore.
Is that a moderator violating the language policy on the forum? :rulez: Isn't that center "F" word one of those words that "may be censored by the administrator" or are you considered uncensorable?!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think this was George Carlin...Pardon me if I incorrectly attribute.

Perhaps one of the most interesting words
in the English language today, is the word F$#!.
Out of all of the English words which begin with the letter F, F$#! is the only word referred to as the "F" word, it's the one magical word.
F$#! as most words in the English language,
is derived from German,
the word "fricken[?]", which means to strike.
In English, F$#! falls into many grammatical categories.

As a transitive verb, for instance.
John F$#!-ed Shirley.
As an intransitive verb, Shirley F$#!S.
It's meaning's not always sexual;
it can be used as an adjective, such as
John's doing all the F$#!-ing work.
As part of an adverb,
Shirley talks too F$#!-ing much.
As an adverb enhancing an adjective,
Shirley is F$#!-ing beautiful.
As a noun, I don't give a F$#!.
As part of a word abso-F$#!ING-lutely,
or in-F$#!ING-credible.
And, as almost every word in the sentence,
F$#! the F$#!-ing F$#!-ers.

As you must realize,
there aren't too many words
with the versatility of F$#!.
As in these examples describing situations
such as fraud,
I got F$#!-ed at the used car lot.
Dismay, Aw F$#! it.
Trouble, I guess I'm really F$#!-ed now.
Aggression, Don't F$#! with me buddy.
Difficulty, I don't understand this F$#!-ing question.
Inquiry, Who the F$#! was that?
Dissatisfaction, I don't like what the F$#! is going on here.
Incompetence, He's a F$#!-off.
Dismissal, Why don't you go outside and play hide-and-go-F$#! yourself?

I'm sure you can think of many more examples.
With all these multi purpose applications,
how can anyone be offended when you use the word?
We say, use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech.
It will identify the quality of your character immediately.
Say it loudly, and proudly!
F$#! you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts