1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wasnt there a film with Albert Finney called 'L.O.O.K.E.R.S' where subliminal messages in advertising were used to make people murderers...?

Cool in the right hands, unnerving in others...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
There was a game floating around e-mail recently, that had to do with some deal you read, then you think of a colored tool. It was up to you to choose, supposedly at random, a color and a tool. I did the thing, and the color and tool I chose seemed to me to be so bizarre that it couldn't possibly be the target color and tool. I'm not going to tell you what it was just in case you happen to see this e-mail come across your desk.
Anyway, my bizarre tool and color was exactly what 98% of people (supposedly) chose. It was funny at first, but then you get to thinking: just exactly how much "free will" we think we have, or how many of our decisions have been made for us, without our knowing about it. It's enough to drive you mad.
Fortunately, I'm already there, but the rest of you need to be aware :p

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
japachap said:
Wasnt there a film with Albert Finney called 'L.O.O.K.E.R.S' where subliminal messages in advertising were used to make people murderers...?

Cool in the right hands, unnerving in others...
It was LOOKER. Also had Susan Dey. I liked that movie.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I get the same affect with Budweiser.... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts