BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 LT kickstand sometimes stops when the bike is almost at the top. It drops back down and so far I have been able to get it up after at least two tries. Has anybody else had this problem? My dealer says they have not had any problems with the new power stands.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
boat48 said:
My 2006 LT kickstand sometimes stops when the bike is almost at the top. It drops back down and so far I have been able to get it up after at least two tries. Has anybody else had this problem? My dealer says they have not had any problems with the new power stands.

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

If you will do a search on this site you will see that others have had the same/similar troubles. Welcome to the best motorcyle site on the Web. Others with experience will chime in soon.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
You most likely have a leak and there is no longer enough fluid to raise the stand. I know of one member that had this happen on an 09 right off the factor floor - he had it fixed under warranty.

There is a procedure to repair the actuator posted here by a member in the technical files section. Just be careful and don't over fill it or you will either blow an o-ring or, in one case, crack the reservoir housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts