Registered
101 Posts
I had a defective fob replaced not long after I purchased my 2020

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had a defective fob replaced not long after I purchased my 2020
I’m taking it in on Saturday the service tech seems to think it’s the antenna on the motorcycle itself. How long did it take to get the fob replaced? It don’t sound like an item the dealer would stock.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I bought a spare fob.
Ordered through my dealer.
Took just at two weeks to get it.
While on a trip, some imbecile misplaced my fob in my shaving kit bag [don't ask, I don't know].
Since I already had a second fob at home, I finally yielded and blew it off, just using the plastic key to keep rolling.
Worked fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I bought a spare fob.
Ordered through my dealer.
Took just at two weeks to get it.
While on a trip, some imbecile misplaced my fob in my shaving kit bag [don't ask, I don't know].
Since I already had a second fob at home, I finally yielded and blew it off, just using the plastic key to keep rolling.
Worked fine.
I have a 2020 rt. The Key fob won’t work unless I hold it directly under the tach and then press the start button. I changed the battery. No difference. It will not open the locks or set the alarm. I tested the battery it is good. Any ideas? After the bike is running it shows the icon with a question mark under it.
The good news for me is the fob will still start the bike as long as I place it in the right spot. Which is under the tach and pressed up against the dash. I also keep my plastic key close at hand just in case. I also have my trusty LT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
The bike should be under warranty, let the dealer sort it for you, you should have a 3 year warranty
Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update. I finally got an appointment and the fob is bad. The dealer ordered another one. It could be a few weeks before it arrives. They say it’s not a common. It is covered under my warranty. Thanks for all the input for the forum.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts