BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody suggest a biker friendly hotel or B&B that is near Duval St. We are planning a trip down there and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn which is several miles from old town.I am concerned with bike parking and cleanliness,etc.
Thanks for help,Rick

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
rtd said:
Can anybody suggest a biker friendly hotel or B&B that is near Duval St. We are planning a trip down there and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn which is several miles from old town.I am concerned with bike parking and cleanliness,etc.
Thanks for help,Rick
We've stayed at the Southernmost Hotel and it is very clean and biker friendly. The walk from end to end on Duval is great. There are two super good restaurants within a 5 minute walk too. If you are taking a wireless laptop they are a hot spot for you. Click here We highly recommend this hotel.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll second Key Lodge. My wife and I stayed there twice and had a nice time, it is clean and friendly and close to the old town section.

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
I was just there two weeks ago and this is the place I always stay at, it's a 1/2 block off Duval in the middle of town: http://www.lhabitation.com/
You should check out Pier House too, it's very nice and on the water.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I know so little 'bout KW it's ain't but funny. Only time I was there was a training flight on a C-130 to the Naval Air Station. When we were released, got a cab to go 'eat'. Asked the cabbie "what's this place like?". His reply?

Key West. It's where the 'weirds' go pro.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have stayed at the Pier House. Address: 1 Duval Street so you are definitely there. Parking is in the lot; it's relatively well lit (as well as most of the guests) so theft wouldn't be a big concern. Rooms weren't real big but clean and nicely appointed. As you know, during the "season" is credit card melting in cost; I paid $204.00 per night back in October. Great location!
This website may also give you some helpful information:
http://www.keywestpoint.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
keywest

Stayed At Southernmost Hotel Also And Loved It. Perfect Spot At End Of Duval Street. Price Was Around $199

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
Bike Parking . . .

Stayed in Key West a few years back during bike week.

Was too tired to ride back to Daytona so we scoured the town for a place and found a cheap room for $100 for two - very minimal. :cool:

We then used the multilevel public parking garage downtown to park the bikes - secured, well lit, cameras and always an attendent. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts