BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new battery in my key fob and now the light on the fob stays on....What do I need to do????

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Pull it apart and make sure the rubber isn't pinched. Sounds like you may have a switch locked 'on. Also - it could be that the fob is in 'new battery, time to re-synch' mode. Push a button. If the red light goes out, that was it.

So, now, if it didn't 'synchronize up' proper like an all polite, while in proximity to the bike, push both buttons on the fob and hold them for about 10 seconds. You'll know when it's right by the bike's reaction.

(yea, just went through this past couple of days here)

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Battery???

:histerica

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
OK, I was almost right - not quite. Here's the 'official' right from the "Operating Instructions" for the "Anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer and radio remote control"

paraphrased, since I don't have the pictures with numbers an such.

1 - unscrew the screw and remove the lower section of the housing
2 - push the old battery out from under the bracket and install the new battery with positive facing upwards, towards the bracket. Also notice the bracket has 2 'wings' that push down on to the battery. make sure there is sufficient 'spring' in them to make good contact
3 - re-assemble the fob. Notice the red LED lights and stays lit. the remote must be resynchronized.
4 - within range of the bike's receiver, push the 'Left' button twice, rapidly. The LED on the fob will begin to blink. After a few seconds it'll go out. Done.

Battery type is a Lithium CR2032

Now, if by chance the buttons get pushed while out of range of the bike. Then bring it within range, push and hold both buttons for 10 seconds. You'll see when it 'gets it'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts