BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I set the alarm on my '03 LT in the movie theater parking lot yesterday, a thought occurred to me. I don't know if the battery in the fob has ever been replaced.

What if I come out of the movie and can't deactivate the alarm due to a dead key fob battery? Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anything need to be reprogrammed when the key fob battery is replaced?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Jim,

My battery went dead indicated by the fob not working at all to ACTIVATE THE ALARM. I had a new 2032 battery in my drawer and replaced it in the fob. According to my manual, After the batt. is changed, the LED on the FOB will be on constantly. Press button A(left button) TWICE rapidly in range of the bike.The LED will then blink and go off after several seconds and then the FOB is fully operational.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. Now that I know about pressing the A button twice, I'll be proactive and put in a new battery. This will be a new experience for me - replacing a battery before it goes dead. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Boatzo said:
Jim,

My battery went dead indicated by the fob not working at all to ACTIVATE THE ALARM. I had a new 2032 battery in my drawer and replaced it in the fob. According to my manual, After the batt. is changed, the LED on the FOB will be on constantly. Press button A(left button) TWICE rapidly in range of the bike.The LED will then blink and go off after several seconds and then the FOB is fully operational.

Hope this helps.
Replaced the battery as a precaution in both of my fobs this afternoon following these directions - worked perfectly! :dance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts