BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KenwoodTK3202LU16P is a 4 wt radio. I am going to order this radio to connect my and my wife’s Autocoms bike to bike. The option they have is to program the radios before shipping for free or keep the programming that they input into them. If a choice is given, what would be the best programming for these radios? Is there a program and interface out there that I can get to do my own programming? I appreciate some help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you are talking about programing frequencies, click here for a link to a thread that has a chart that compares common frequencies between several radios. As you will see, channels may be different between radio manufacturers that may have the same frequencies. If you plan on communicating with other bikes in addition to your spouse, you might want to consider what frequencies are on radios used by other bikers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh by the way do not try to use the autocom adaptor with the 4 watt radio, powering it through the autocom will burn up the autocom unit, it can only handle 1.5 amps and the 4 watt radio requires more than 2.5 amps. Kieth (you can use the battery that comes with the radio )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts