BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Re: LT down in Police Chase

Damn, that's not fun to look at. Prayers for the family.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts

Looks like a blue LT with Bushtech trailer. Says the rider was from Greenbay Wisconsin. Driver should be locked up permanently:(

·
Registered
66 Posts

There but for the grace of God go I . By the sounds of it he did't stand a chance

·
IBR# 366
16,594 Posts

That really sucks. Condolences to Keith's family.

And throw the book at the SOB who took him out for no real reason whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

Wow, very sad and this sucks. RIP..................

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

Really this makes me sick to my stomach............Seriously.........

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
eljeffe said:
If you read through his posts, he never had a negative thing to say about anything, and was always there to offer helpful advice.

Rest in Peace, Keith. I didn't know you, but you will be missed.
I was noticing that myself - makes the whole thing suck that much more.

Let's see - a doctor is fleeing the police, fatally injures the motorcyclist then fails to render aid. I think his punishment should be slow, painful and eventually fatal.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I just spend some time reading his posts. He seems like such nice, smart, well adjusted guy. My heart goes out to his family and friends. It's hard not to get emotional. Just because someone tries to avoid a traffic ticket... What a sad thing to happen. The death penalty is too kind for a person like this, that obviously has no respect for human life.

Does anyone know if there is something we as a group can do for his family?
I would love to.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Unfortunately, the suspect will not receive the death penality. He also may only get a few if any years in prison. I am not familiar with PA laws or length of sentences. The suspect will get his day in court and so will the Brother's family.

In my career I have seen much unnecessary death. It always leaves me with the question, "Why". The only thing that I came up with that was understandable to me was something like this; "When your number is called it matters not what you are doing, who you are with or your status in this universe, your number is called and your gone, in an instant". It does not make it any more comforting but it does give me an explanation that I can live with.

Peace to you Brother and to your family as well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would be in favor of supporting a means of sending flowers, etc. to next of kin of member riders who have passed.

Echoing all the posts about Keith thus far, his posts epitomized what I've come to discover is the standard for our community, we're riders passionate about our hobby, open to sharing thoughts and ideas to improve our collective experiences, and above all we share a sense of fraternity with each other that enables such a forum as bmwlt.com to exist.

Though I didn't know you personally, thank you, Keith for having made this a better place for having you in it. Rest well, friend. Ride on. ATGATT

·
Registered
5,835 Posts

larryschumer said:
Anyone see this story or know who was hit?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17387712/detail.html

A doctor was being chased by police and hit a motorcycle, killing the rider--in the picture, it looks like a blue LT was hit.
Damn,

Our prayers go out to the family for sure.

anyone think about setting up a donation to the fmaily? if so please let me know, I will be back here Monday

Tom Gallo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Regarding the idea of expressing condolences to Keith's family:

Here are links to the 2 local newspapers with short articles, maybe there will be an obituary page coming soon where comments can be left (some online papers have this feature) or at least his family's wishes and an address to send cards/flowers, etc. I'd be willing to contribute as part of a group as well, if no one else organizes it I will give it a try.

Appleton Post Crescent

Green Bay Press Gazette

1 - 20 of 56 Posts