BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
test drove the new gtl last weekend was a great bike.fast quiet etc.
i found it lacked the lt luxury & weather protection also the polycarbonate sculptured wind screen was still blurrey & i feel my s.o. would not be as happy on it
:wave
so with all her faults i am keeping my lt

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive been invited to ride the GTL, but I know I am keeping the LT (forever).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made the test drive on both the GT as the GTL. I agree with bobst2, the new 1600 is "back to basics".especially regarding wind protection. Though I must admit it was quite windy during the ride. As I understand all the test-bike here in the Netherlands are pre-production bikes, which showed in tings like poor welds and noisy (even for BMW:)) transmission. Maybe the poor windscreen is also due to that.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
bobst2 said:
test drove the new gtl last weekend was a great bike.fast quiet etc.
i found it lacked the lt luxury & weather protection also the polycarbonate sculptured wind screen was still blurrey & i feel my s.o. would not be as happy on it
:wave
so with all her faults i am keeping my lt
I test rode the GTL yesterday & LOVED it. I found the wind protection very good. At 95 + it was as quiet (wind noise) as my 2000 LT. The windscreen was steady as a rock even at its highest point. As for your SO I would let her decide if she is comfortable on it or not. My wife will go on her test ride tomorrow with the salesman as their insurance will not allow 2 up test rides. We are close friends with Gary (the salesman) So she is comfortable riding with him. She has sat on it & felt it was very nice & roomy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Boatzo said:
Ive been invited to ride the GTL, but I know I am keeping the LT (forever).

Bill, where is my invitation to ride? I bought a G650 from Morton's a few months ago. I feel sad.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have not even seen the 1600, but I have a K12S and HAD a classic K12RS. I liked the RS better.
The RS was smoother, quiter, more than enough power, as good or better handeling and about the same comfort for me.
Long live the flying brick!

URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/partsrme928/k1200s]
[/URL]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts